VP, Group Art Supervisor - Pharmaceutical Advertising Experience
The Group Art Supervisor is responsible for managing the development, design and execution of all Agency offerings for both themselves and their direct reports. He/she must manage his/her time and work with the account services team to prioritize all jobs effectively, as well as oversee and junior members of the art team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments and approving work. The Group Art Supervisor mentors those he/she supervises by meeting with them consistently to better understand their career goals and helping to champion their causes when appropriate. The Group Art Supervisor also ensures that all of the team’s work is on strategy, and maintains the highest level of brand consistency and excellence.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities as evident by ability to motivate team, facilitate great thinking, and keeping the team energized.
- Bring interactive trends to your team’s attention and find ways to employ technology to meet your Client’s business needs.
- Execute and direct creative that encompasses all media across print, video, 3D, interactive and social.
- Keep abreast of current interactive, mobile, advertising, design, and visual communications. Continuously stay current to marketing trends and unique design styles, imagery, technology and technological advances and introduce these to future team projects where appropriate.
- Keep supervisor(s) briefed on creative projects in a timely manner.
- Interact with project managers on all projects in a timely fashion and regularly review all design work with them to ensure budgets, timelines and proper execution are achieved. Own a full understanding of the interactive development process.
- Establish credibility with Clients at all levels by developing knowledge of Client’s business, brand and competitive marketplace(s) and technological advances.
- Manage outside vendor/resources effectively from both cost and creative standpoints, including photographers, illustrators, and production vendors for premiums, printing, digital media, mobile vendors and 3rd party developers.
- Attend video and photo-shoots; provide necessary on-the-spot feedback to effectively accomplish agency and client goals.
- Contribute to new business efforts strategically, creatively and as a reliable steward of the work.
- Demonstrate ability to design and advocate from the user’s perspective.
- Ability to read wireframes and functional specifications and translate into design.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations.
- Project a professional attitude and foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and establish credibility both internally and externally.
- Execute examples of interactive design and provide guidance in understanding these materials when appropriate.
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and prioritize all jobs effectively, as well as oversee junior members of the art brand team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments and approving work.
- Monitor overall workload to effect efficiency and assure that waiting or downtime is minimized.
- Help supervisor manage and resolve staff issues including performance, personal presentation and internal interactions.
- Recommend adjustments/additions to the roles and procedures of the department to achieve continuous improvement and efficiency across all accounts and/or specific accounts.
- Help interview, train and orient new team members to the agency, department, and account(s) at the direction of supervisor.
- Mentors reports by providing constructive, ongoing feedback to them as well as completing annual performance reviews.
- Provide ongoing guidance to all team members and be available to them as a resource for account/agency/departmental policies, procedures, etc.
- Keep supervisor or department head appraised of any workload challenges/concerns on assigned team accounts that may necessitate hiring freelancers or moving creatives around to better utilize their time.
- Oversee team’s time off schedules, time reporting, etc. to ensure appropriate coverage at all times for accounts. Maintain accurate time sheets for self and team. Monitor, review and approve direct report’s time sheets in terms of hours worked on specific jobs.
- College degree in visual communications or equivalent experience.
- 6-7 years of digital and print design/advertising experience.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Advertising and/or print and digital design portfolio or website equivalent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS 5, Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and Video Production.