Art Supervisor – Pharmaceutical Advertising Experience
The Art Supervisor is responsible for managing the brand work and overseeing all junior members of the art team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments and approving work. He/she will work closely with copywriter(s), project managers, other art directors, developers, information architects and account services to maintain brand consistency and excellence on all jobs. The Art Supervisor will also ensure that all work is on strategy, within budget, and contributes to growing the Client’s business.
- Execute and direct creative that encompasses all media across print, video, 3D, interactive and social.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities as evident by ability to motivate team, facilitate great thinking, and keep the morale high.
- Bring interactive trends to your team’s attention and find ways to employ technology to meet your Client’s business needs.
- Keep abreast of current interactive, mobile, advertising, design, and visual communications. Continuously stay current to marketing trends and unique design styles, imagery, technology and technological advances and introduce these to future team projects where appropriate.
- Establish credibility with Clients at all levels by developing knowledge of Client’s business, brand and competitive marketplace(s) and technological advances.
- Manage outside vendor/resources effectively from both cost and creative standpoints, including photographers, illustrators, and production vendors for premiums, printing, digital media, mobile vendors and 3rd party developers.
- Demonstrate ability to design and advocate from the user’s perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in various forms of media including a working knowledge of the print and digital production processes.
- Keep supervisor(s) briefed on creative projects in a timely manner.
- Elevate the integrity and excellence of the brand in all materials developed both online and off.
- Provide comprehensive design overview and brand consistency.
- Provide fresh, unique, and strategic thinking for all brand marketing/advertising initiatives.
- Act as gatekeeper to ensure that all final products released demonstrate only the highest quality creative and effectively communicates brand messages to targeted customers.
- Clearly communicate creative concepts and rationale for design choices to team and clients and/or new business prospects.
- Present rational for functional decisions within interactive work.
- Act as a brand steward maintaining the integrity and excellence of the brand in all materials developed both online and off.
- Manage and oversee the daily work for all brand projects and jobs.
- Provide comprehensive design overview and brand consistency throughout each project and for each assigned account as a whole.
- Consistently provide fresh and unique thinking for all brand marketing/advertising initiatives.
- Work as a team with copywriters to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives for all designated projects.
- Collaborate with other Art Director(s) to establish a visual consistency throughout the brand, both online and off.
- Capable of translating brand to online, mobile and video applications with full integrity.
- Ensure that all final products released demonstrate only the highest quality creative and effectively communicates brand messages to targeted customers.
- Be an effective presenter and clearly communicate creative concepts and rationale for design choices to team and clients and/or new business prospects.
- Demonstrate ability to “zoom in and out” (big picture thinking as well as attention to details) as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with Client/Agency Creative/Account teams.
- Help create a collaborative work environment between all departments and demonstrate ability to handle conflicts in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Work as a team with copywriters to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues to seek opportunities/solutions for improvements in the department and agency.
- Advocate the use of technologies that meet the budget of interactive projects.
- Work with account service from beginning of project until the end to make sure all projects meet budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain positive relationships with and utilize the internal business group departments (electronic studio, editorial, traffic, imaging and production) appropriately.
- Demonstrate, through action, the best practices for interactive production and prepare files for handoff to development.
- Interact and communicate regularly with project management and development staff to ensure deliverables are on-time and on budget.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations.
- Execute and direct interactive art for online campaigns and provide guidance in understanding these materials when appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and prioritize all jobs effectively, as well as oversee junior members of the art brand team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments and approving work.
- Monitor overall workload to effect efficiency and assure that waiting or downtime is minimized.
- Help supervisor manage and resolve staff issues including performance, personal presentation and internal interactions.
- Mentor interactive development of reports and serve as brand’s interactive evangelist.
- Recommend adjustments/additions to the roles and procedures of the department to achieve continuous improvement and efficiency across all accounts.
- Help digest and apply appropriate heuristics indicated in wireframes and sitemaps as well as results of usability studies to existing and developing interactive materials.
- Help interview, train and orient new team members to the agency, department, and account(s) at the direction of supervisor.
- Provide constructive, ongoing feedback to direct reports as well as completing annual performance reviews.
- Provide ongoing guidance to all team members and be available to them as a resource for account/agency/departmental policies, procedures, etc.
- Keep supervisor or department head appraised of any workload challenges/concerns on assigned team accounts that may necessitate hiring freelancers or moving creatives around to better utilize their time.
- Oversee team’s time off schedules, time reporting, etc. to ensure appropriate coverage at all times for accounts.
- Maintain accurate time sheets for self and team.
- Monitor, review and approve direct report’s time sheets in terms of hoursworked on specific jobs.
- College degree in visual communications or equivalent experience
- 5-6 years of digital and print design/advertising experience
- Advertising and/or print and digital design portfolio or website equivalent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Adobe CS 5, Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and Video Production