Title: Benefits Specialist
Company/Location: Omnicom Health Group, 75 Varick St. New York, NY 10013
Department/Discipline: Human Resources
Overview: As a Benefits Specialist you will work with a team that is responsible for day-to-day operations of all our benefit programs. The ideal candidate has 2 years of experience with benefit and leave administration, a genuine interest in benefit topics including health and welfare programs, state and federal laws pertaining to benefit administration, retirement programs and a true employee focused style.
Omnicom Health Group is the largest healthcare marketing and communications group in the world with more than 3200 talented specialists dedicated exclusively to health. Our agency is dedicated to bringing their expertise, insight, creativity to our clients in the healthcare space and our benefits team brings that same level of commitment and passion for healthcare to support our employees.
The OHG Human Resources team is made up 50 smart, fun, talented team oriented individuals spanning a variety of HR specialties including learning, recruiting, operations, business partners, and benefits. We work hard, we love to learn, we support other, and we have fun. If you have 2 years of benefit and leave experience and are seeking a dynamic, learning-oriented, fast paced environment, keep reading!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the administration of high volume benefit programs, such as health and welfare plans, flexible spending accounts, disability, commuter, workers compensation, retirement plans and time and attendance
- Full scale leave administration for multiple states (NY, NJ, PA, CA, IL. MD)
- Schedule and facilitate new hire benefits orientation
- Support activities and communication related to annual enrollment, health fairs, new program offerings and other seasonal events and projects.
- Support employees with questions and inquiries regarding benefit offerings and escalated issues.
- Work closely with department throughout HR on adhoc projects that connect benefits and the other HR functions.
- Help manage time and attendance programs
- Will help with research, audits, events, communication and presentation projects as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-3 years high volume benefit and leave experience
- Prior experience supporting employees in resolving benefit issues
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to programs such COBRA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA and state leave programs
- Time and attendance experience
- Can successfully navigate a fast paced environment, juggle multiple work streams with calm and care
- Strong Excel PowerPoint and HRIS reporting skills
- High degree of confidently and strong attention to detail.
- A detail oriented, problem solver; naturally curious likes to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferably with focus in Human Resources)
- Willing to travel to Jersey City and Princeton locations once a month for employee meetings and to be an onsite benefit presence