Company Description: BioPharm Communications is a leading medical communications and marketing firm that specializes in the development and multi-channel deployment of proprietary promotional medical education programs, along with targeted marketing solutions. BioPharm’s programs are developed to address specific healthcare marketing opportunities and challenges.
Title: Medical Editor
BioPharm Communications is a leading medical communications and marketing agency specializing in the development and deployment of proprietary target marketing solutions for our clients. Our marketing solutions are widely used within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and have proven to drive brand awareness and preference through print and digital offerings.
BioPharm is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Medical Editor. A Medical Editor is responsible for ensuring that medical communication materials are developed with a high level of quality regarding content, organization, clarity, accuracy, format, style, and consistency. A Medical Editor is skilled in and performs copyediting, fact-checking, proofreading, styling, and layout review. Experience with digital content development and email marketing a plus.
Demonstrates behavior expected of a professional member of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Copyedit materials to ensure consistency and conformance with established grammar, punctuation, and spelling rules and adherence to AMA, client, and house style guidelines
- Substantively edit complex medical and scientific documents and collaborate with colleagues to ensure that the materials are factually accurate
- Proofread layout materials to ensure that they match approved copy exactly and that the format, organization, alignment, and spacing of copy and graphics are consistent and adhere to established standards
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure an overall high level of quality regarding content, organization, clarity, accuracy, format, style, and consistency; meet established timelines
- Edit the following types of materials: print newsletters, emails, websites, banner ads
- Identify copyrighted material that requires permission for reproduction; process permission request when required
- Attend kickoff, status, and other job-related meetings
- Incorporate client changes and work with the team to address medical-legal review feedback
- Create and maintain brand style guides
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience copyediting in a pharmaceutical advertising agency, in-house agency, or medical publishing company preferred. Will consider candidates with copyediting experience in other fields
- Working knowledge of AMA Manual of Style
- Articulate oral and written communication skills essential
- Good working knowledge of English grammar and usage
- Curiosity/interest in medical topics essential
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing, organizing, researching, and problem solving, with attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Proficiency with standard software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat