The SVP, Group Account Supervisor will operate on multiple levels, both internally and externally, to strategically manage the brand, product, agency product team and especially external client relations.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrate "Big Picture" thinking view of Brand and business and provide strategic contributions to success of Brand
- Aid in the construction of a marketing plan and contribute to a successful pitch
- Lead strategic and tactical planning process
- Get up to speed quickly with clinical data for respective brand
- Aggressively monitor and understand the competitive landscape, both strategic and creative
- Seek opportunities to showcase agency work among current and prospective clients
- Seek opportunities to grow business within current accounts and into new accounts connected with that client.
- Manage expectations of both the account staff and client to ensure a positive, productive atmosphere
- Oversee and guide strategic, marketing, tactical and new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to various client corporate cultures.
- Keeping senior management briefed on account activities
- Continue to refine skills in strategy and the business planning process
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of client's business and actively seek opportunities for further account development
- Demonstrate the fiscal acumen to lead a profitable account
- Aggressively monitor fee performance to encourage/ensure profitability.
- Demonstrate ability to determine and negotiate budget needs, produce accurate and timely fee reconciliations, and provide input to development of the fee.
Client Service Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Agency work represents the best we have to offer -- strategically sound, arresting creative, and error-free
- Vigilantly seek to optimize both Agency services and internal resources
- Keep abreast of marketing/advertising and brand-specific trends in order to offer added- value to the client/creative product
- Articulate agency POV without being afraid to take a stand
- Establish credibility with clients at all levels and embody service-oriented attitude
- Become trusted and integral strategic advisor to the client team
- Uphold Agency quality standards in servicing the Client
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects and to delegate work appropriately
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations
- Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients within the department and the agency
- Maintain accurate time sheets
- Foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows
- Foster senior level partnerships with creative/account colleagues
- Act as a positive role model for agency at client and industry events
- Assign work to assure project deadlines are met
- Monitor overall workload to assure efficiency and minimize waiting or downtime and recommend adjustments to the roles and procedures
- Keep supervisor or department head apprised of any workload challenges/concerns on assigned team accounts that may necessitate hiring freelancers
- Monitor, review and approve direct report’s time sheets in terms of hours worked on specific job
- Provide constructive and direct ongoing feedback to direct reports
- Evaluate performance of direct reports and complete and deliver performance reviews
- Help supervisor manage and resolve staff issues including performance, personal presentation and internal interactions
- Help interview, train and orient new team members to the agency, department, and account(s) at the direction of department head
- Provide ongoing guidance to all team members and be available to them as a resource for account/agency/departmental policies, procedures, etc.
Senior Vice President Responsibilities
- Act as an advocate of BioLumina; make decisions with the Agency’s and employees’ best interest in mind.
- Embody the four core values: commitment, collaboration, creativity and code of ethics.
- Provide leadership within his/her department as well as across the Agency.
- Proactively provide suggestions that impact agency policy and operations.
- Present a professional and positive image of BioLumina both internally and externally.
- Identify, recruit, train and develop talent
- Motivate direct reports, and act as a mentor to all within Agency.
- College degree, preferably in marketing, advertising, communications or science/medicine
- 8 - 9 years Agency or comparable outside experience
- 4 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed knowledge of business practices/vendor relations
- Maturity to handle independent senior-level Client contact
- Ability to manage and train staff
- Successful history of growing brands and possibly launching brands
- Understanding of therapeutic categories/disease states