Title: Director Data and Analytics
Company / Location: Omnicom Health Group / New York
Department / Discipline: Technology
Competencies: Attention to Detail, Numbers Whiz, Customer Focus
Overview: The Director Data and Analytics will be a healthcare data leader throughout the organization. S/He has strong expertise in measurement of marketing performance, statistical analysis, and data visualization as well as the ability to clearly communicate complex analysis to non-technical audiences. The Director Data and Analytics will be responsible for drawing inferences by establishing best practices, developing analytics standards, and communicating insights that will have broad brand and marketing application and healthcare communications impact.
The Director of Data & Analytics will possess and exude passion for data-driven healthcare marketing solutions and influence agency account teams and client services teams to adopt data as a differentiator in strategies and tactics for Life Science brands.
- Data management and analysis, including standardizing data, data cleansing, loading and managing data visualization tools.
- Create data visualizations and reports for agency Life Science clients, that will ultimately be presented to end customers, healthcare leaders and brand marketers, by the agency
- Understand requirements for data analytics projects, craft approach and complete the analyses that apply to healthcare communications.
- Apply external industry data-driven solutions to healthcare and lead new thinking to traditional healthcare problems and opportunities
- Explain complex statistical models to non-technical audiences such as healthcare leaders, brand marketers, and business unit advertising leaders.
- Work closely with analyst teams from across multiple healthcare agencies
- Contribute to Life Science client data analytics assignments and participate in client meetings as appropriate
- Implement measurement approaches to capture actionable information
- Manage quality assurance for asset tagging, report creation, and client communications
- Evaluate tools and data sources for elevating understanding of data and analytics across the organization
- Identify analytics opportunities and participate in pitches
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS in econometrics, statistics, mathematics, computer science or other technical field
- Fluent in marketing metrics and media data, and data-driven marketing
- Highly skilled/certified with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Doubleclick
- Strong ability to communicate complex statistical/technical concepts to a variety of non-technical audiences, such as healthcare leaders, brand marketers, and agency business unit leads
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau or similar
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Total data analytics work experience 4+ years, with at least one year’s experience working for an agency
- Ability to develop statistical models to predict marketing and campaign performance preferred
- Expertise using analysis packages and tools such as R, Python, STATA or SAS preferred
- Experience writing SQL queries preferred
- Experience in Healthcare, or Life Sciences, industry is beneficial.