We are seeking an Associate Project Manager who will interact with all levels of staff throughout the agency, as well as with external clients, vendors, opinion leaders, freelance writers, medical associations, and publishers. You will assist our team of project managers in developing scientific materials, often by picking up projects in progress and adding value to their content.
More Details on What You Will Do:
- Assist in project planning and management
- Support the development of client/agency communications
- Liaise with the account, design, and editorial teams, as needed
- Communicate effectively with and provide status reports to clients and vendors
- Assist in the development of scientific abstracts and corresponding slides/posters for presentation at live programs
- Fact-check and ensure quality control of materials
- Prepare and manage materials throughout multiple stages of formal review processes
- Keep up-to-date with Product Information data and developments in the relevant scientific field/therapeutic area
- Multitask and manage a tough workload from time to time
The Skills, Experience, and Traits You Will Need to Be Successful:
- You are smart and driven to succeed in everything you do.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional—typos make you crazy!
- You see problems as opportunities to learn.
- You are an expert at “rolling with the punches” and at juggling many tasks.
- You have effective time management skills and a positive attitude.
- You don’t just think outside the box; to you, there is no box.
- You have a college degree. A BS in a scientific discipline is required; an MS in a scientific discipline is preferred. Education in biomedical sciences is also preferred.
- You may have experience working in medical education, medical communications, pharmaceuticals, publishing, or publication planning and development.
- You understand scientific content and have the ability to learn about different therapeutic areas.
- You are detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
- You are proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet applications.
- You have intimate knowledge of PubMed/MEDLINE and, ideally, AMA style.
- You are client service focused.
- You are a team player who is as excited about others’ achievements as you are about your own.