As Receptionist, he/she is the first point of contact and makes the first impression for the agency. In this function, he/she supports the administrative assistants and various staff members on multiple interoffice and client directed assignments.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Answer and direct all incoming calls in a professional and efficient manner; check messages each morning.
- If an employee calls out sick/absent or late, notify that person’s administrative assistant and manager.
- Cover reception desk at all times to meet and greet all guests, visitor and employees; if you need to step away, ensure that there is coverage from one of the administrative assistants.
- Forwards any lists of visitors and freelancers to building management.
- Call administrative assistants when a guest for their team arrives so that they can come to meet the guest.
- Ensure that all freelancers sign in each day and sign off on timesheets once manager signs off.
- Book requested BioLumina conference rooms
- Display signs for client visits.
- Update and distribute employee phone list monthly.
- Accept and sign off on packages/food deliveries that are received.
- Provide support to administrative assistants as needed.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by Director of Operations.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects.
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations.
- Project a professional, positive attitude toward all staff members and clients within the agency.
- Uphold Agency quality standards in servicing the Client.
- Maintain accurate time sheets.
- Foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and establish credibility both internally and externally.
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows.
- High school diploma required; BA degree strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years general office experience. Experience in pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick-thinking individual with enthusiasm and motivation who thrives in a fast-paced environment.