Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Omnicom Health Group/ New York
Looking for a career oriented, self-starter who recently started their career in advertising. This Executive Assistant role is ideal for learning and growing within healthcare advertising, gaining exposure to all levels of management. This position has potential to lead to a successful career path within OHG in departments like Account Management, Project Management, Art or Copy.
The EA will be responsible for day-to-day support for the Chief Marketing Officer of OHG by managing projects for a wide variety of initiatives, coordinating schedules, travel and other appropriate daily functions.
- Manage directly and/or support OHG initiatives that further the business and people.
- Manage projects by establishing objectives, milestones, and creating presentations or other documents.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure internal and client-facing documents are updated with the appropriate changes.
- Support cross-functional team members in development of materials.
- Interact, collaborate and gain exposure with senior management across all agencies.
- Assist with calendar management for the Executive by maintaining an organized, up-to-date calendar and resolving scheduling conflicts to ensure consistent communication and planning with multiple stakeholders.
- Manage travel and meeting arrangements by organizing logistics and liaising with key stakeholders and travel resources to confirm schedules and/or itineraries.
- Participate in DDB training classes and initiatives as it pertains to career development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to assist in writing business and/or client related documents
- A familiarity with Keynote and WordPress (platform)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Appropriately prioritize assigned tasks to ensure timely goal achievement
- Quickly change direction when working on multiple projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Key skills and needs:
- Excellent verbal and written skills. English majors welcome. If you can’t write clear, grammatically-correct English, this is not right the position for you.
- Comfort with (or demonstrated interest in) science and complexity; the role is in the advertising and marketing space, but clients include biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies.
- Speed and facility with Keynote and Powerpoint important, as is a good eye for design.
- The more confident, self-directed, fast-learning, and initiative-taking the candidate is, the more likely they are to succeed. Eagerness to ask questions, do some digging, and partner with others to solve problems or accomplish tasks required.
- Polish—candidate will be in regular contact with other agency presidents, creative directors and CEOs, and will serve as the ambassador for this CEO/CMO. So a crisp, cheerful, professional, and service-oriented demeanor is important.
This is NOT A TRADITIONAL EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT ROLE. It is much more of a hybrid executive assistant/executive project manager role. And can create a path to an agency career in advertising/ marketing in the world of health care.
Candidate will work side-by-side with the CEO of DDB Health (a leading healthcare advertising agency) who also functions as the Chief Marketing Officer of Omnicom Health Group (a network of more than a dozen healthcare communications companies). In assisting the CEO/CMO, you’ll help with basic operational needs (calendaring, scheduling, travel, meeting arrangements) but also gain direct exposure to agency businesses, agency leadership, and every aspect of healthcare communications and marketing. You will assist the CEO/CMO on projects and initiatives for both the global DDB Health network (with offices in NY, Philadelphia, London, Paris and Munich) and Omnicom Health Group.
This role is an excellent entry-point into the healthcare marketing and advertising world; both of the CEO’s former assistants have used their learning and growth to move into full-time staff roles at our companies, and are well on their way to building their agency careers.
Minimal commitment to the role is 18 months.