The Medical Director is responsible for assisting the agency team in the understanding and application of scientific data.
The Medical Director is required to:
- Demonstrate clinical and technical knowledge across multiple therapeutic areas, ideally including neurology, oncology.
- Translate high-science content for promotional or scientific purposes for a broad range of HCP and HCC audiences at an expert level, providing guidance to an intuitive understanding.
- Co-create and defend content for Medical Education purposes and Advisory Board meetings in collaboration with their team in a client-facing capacity.
- Feel comfortable with the identification, assimilation, and interpretation of scientific insights, facts, market research, and other resources
- Collaborate in strategic planning and creative processes to ascertain market landscape traits and to identify brand barriers/opportunities.
- Prepare scientific and strategic analysis of data and research in collaboration with his/her team.
- Create and present brand/category backgrounders and other written documents that clearly convey scientific information.
- Attend and prepare reports for major medical meetings.
- Assist the "onboarding" process for new team members.
Ideal candidates should have an advanced degree — PhD, PharmD or MD — and at least 3 years as a medical practitioner/clinical experience or relevant work experience, ideally with advertising agency experience.
Candidates should possess knowledge of preclinical and clinical research methods and drug approval processes, be proficient with word processing programs, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and be able to provide a medical writing portfolio or related materials demonstrating ability to clearly communicate scientific data and concepts.
This position is located at our Varick Street location.