The Strategic Planning department at Harrison and Star is seeking an insightful, creative thinker to spark and guide forward strategies for key businesses and accounts within the agency. If you have experience managing a large portfolio of business, understand the creative brief process, and have developed marketing communications that have had a demonstrated impact, you could be the strategic “catalyst” that we need! From searching for current gaps in research, to identifying pockets of opportunity, and forming inspiring creative briefs, the VP Group Planner will act as “the catalyst”, strategically inciting future actions and projects that will bring significant value to our company, clients and creative products.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Examine research to identify gaps in learning and deduce the implications for our clients and the brand.
- Generate fresh, inventive insights and formulate pithy creative briefs to direct thinking and actions.
- Initiate strategic recommendations for future actions that target identified pockets of opportunities (i.e. what information about our brand is missing from the physician perspective, and what steps should be taken to fill the gap?).
- Shepherd and nurture marketing, creative, and communications.
- Manage junior level members of the strategic team and form integrated relationships.
- Effectively balance integration in a wide portfolio of client business.
- Drive interpretation and implications of research into presentations.
- Collaborate with Copy/Art departments in creative development process to ensure product has more impact by providing feedback to identify where the current approach may be falling off strategy, and the best future avenues to explore.
- Contribute and participate in new business pitches as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably within the field of sociology, anthropology, advertising, marketing or other related field.
- 6+ years work experience in a Strategy department/company specializing in strategic insight generation. Past experience in pharmaceutical or advertising industry a plus.
- The ability to provide past case studies, pitched business, creative briefs and writing samples that demonstrate creative and insightful thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the capability to construct and support arguments
- Experience managing challenging strategic issues (i.e. relaunching a dying brand).
- Well versed in sophisticated research methods (i.e. segmentation, copy testing, & message testing).
- Past experience managing direct reports.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities.
- Team player with a professional, outgoing, and assertive attitude.