Title: VP, Portfolio Manager
Company/Location: CDM New York / New York
Department/Discipline: Project Management
Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy and Creativity
Overview: The Portfolio Manager will oversee portfolio governance management of in-development and proposed programs/projects, will develop and lead a robust, dynamic portfolio prioritization process that balances risk/return, drives alignment with CDMY business strategy and clients, and accelerates projects through resource alignment. This individual will be responsible for maintaining an overarching view of the business objectives and ensuring that project requests are aligned with the annual SOW.
This position is accountable for delivering all projects, within a portfolio, on schedule, within budget, and with client’s expected deliverables deployed. The Portfolio Manager will oversee the acquisition of resources to manage the projects within their portfolio and will provide coaching and mentoring to their project managers and project team members to adherence to standards, best practices & internal controls. The Portfolio Manager will have primary accountability for the overall portfolio of multiple brands under a client. The successful candidate will be able to work under minimal supervision as well as within a team environment.
- Manages and maintains an enterprise portfolio view of all work and facilitates the appropriate governance of that work across the line of business.
- Implements and leads a robust, dynamic project portfolio management process (PPM) for the evaluation, prioritization and execution of program/projects while working in tandem with the Account Leads.
- Ensures effective performance and status reporting to team for all program/projects within the portfolio.
- Manages & audits Project Managers to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of projects
- Manages & audits performance of the portfolio, project plans, project artifacts, project teams, project collaboration sites (i.e. schedule, costs, risks, issues, decisions) & project financials/forecasts
- Ability to coach and mentor Project Managers to ensure clarity/understanding of project scope, deliverables, schedule, and budget; ability to hold team accountable for providing deliverables on time, on budget with Client’s expectations met
- Is accountable for portfolio financials & project contracts (NDA, MSA, SLA, SOW’s)
- Primary communication conduit & interacts effectively with team members and stakeholders of diverse backgrounds to gain their trust and respect. Ability to curtail and resolve conflicts as they arise
- Responsible for communicating all portfolio & project status reporting/metrics to all stakeholders\
- Acts as the escalation point of contact for all issues within the assigned portfolio
- Responsible for understanding & educating Project Managers and project teams on internal project management & SDLC processes & controls
- Responsible for managing relationships with Finance, Legal, Purchasing, Vendor Management, 3rd Party Service Providers, IT Delivery & IT Support Managers
- Possesses strong Microsoft Project knowledge
- Possesses a strong knowledge of various software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc)
- Ability to clearly communicate scope, expectations, plans, & hold team accountable for project commitments
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong relationship building competency
- Ability to quickly learn internal Financial, HR, Legal, and IT processes and controls
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years of interactive project management experience in an advertising agency or similar environment
- Pharmaceutical advertising agency experience preferred, not required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on digital projects or digitally focused accounts
- Solid understanding of interactive mediums; websites, banners, kiosks, Tablet PCs, etc.
- Strong understanding of Flash
- Strong understanding of development technologies and quality assurance process
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong presentation skills; able to present ideas to brand teams
- Previous experience managing one or more direct reports
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project and Visio
- Experience leading a large piece of business(15mm+)
- Experience leading a team(5-7 direct reports)
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- This person is the point person for the brand
Omnicom Health Group is an EOE/ AA Employer.