Title: VP, Digital Strategist
Department/Discipline: Digital Strategy / Strategy Group
Company/Location: CDM New York/ New York
Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy and Creativity, Digital Acumen, Ability to multitask
Overview: Come join a dynamic and growing Digital Strategy team with folks whose careers have spanned cutting edge consumer, media, technology and healthcare. We’re the driving force behind life changing digital work for our clients and our agency. We’re seeking a VP, Digital Strategist with passion for making an impact, a curiosity to seek out whats next, and the ability to bring amazing ideas to life. We’re shaping the way the industry thinks about innovation in the healthcare space and we need you!
As a Digital Strategist, your primary responsibility will be delivering results-oriented digital strategies and plans for several clients. You will be working with the Director of Digital Strategy to lead the Discovery phase of our process, engaging clients, account teams, and partner companies to develop and execute a digital strategy that aligns with an overarching brand strategy.
- Recommend and prioritize an appropriate mix of communications strategies and tactics in the digital space to drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic.
- Partner with the brand planning team to derive insights from research (primary and secondary) and identify opportunities for our clients to engage customers and outpace the competition.
- Work closely with the analytics team to design measurement, testing, and optimization mechanisms to evaluate and drive the success of campaigns.
- Interface effectively with account, media, and creative teams to seek creative ideas and provide input.
- Work with project management, account, user-experience and tech development to ensure initiatives are developed and deployed in alignment with strategy.
As part of the Digital Strategy team, you will also be responsible for:
Thought-leadership: Given the digital space's fast evolving nature, you will work with the Digital Strategy team to develop POVs on new trends, behaviors, and technologies, helping CDMNY give our clients valuable perspective and insight.
Digital Evangelization: It will be your responsibility to educate and inform our internal teams (creative, planning and account teams) to help become confident with all types of digital engagement.
New business: This is a critical aspect of agency health, and as such, you will be called on to develop and present digital strategies for new business prospects.
Relationship building: You will be responsible for creating and fostering strong relationships with internal team members as well as with clients. Having a strong ability to work with clients (both brand team as well as multichannel clients and technology partners) is essential to the success in this role.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field; 6+ years of digital strategy experience or equivalent, ideally in an agency environment, pharmaceutical or healthcare experience a plus
- Experience working in the healthcare space; a keen understanding of the nuances of marketing different products in various markets, disease states and to audiences is essential in this role. Rare disease & oncology experience is a bonus
- The successful candidate will have experience in digital marketing, including:
- Constructing digital strategies that leverage and build purposeful marketing ecosystems for a brand, engaging customers with high value content that creates brand affinity
- Developing online campaigns that extend across social, web, mobile, online advertising, search (SEO), apps, loyalty, etc. and seamlessly integrate with offline communication touch points
- Developing strategies involving front-end and back-end development for websites, loyalty/CRM programs, and apps including personal selling/edetail apps
- Global marketing and regulatory challenges, opportunities and best practices
- Understanding of SEO implications, best practices and strategies
- Developing comprehensive CRM multi-channel strategies and programs for both HCP and Patient/Caregiver audiences including recommendations on segmentation, cadence and
- customization of communications across all appropriate channels
- Understanding of paid digital strategies (OLA, blogger programs, SEM, Social Paid Media)
- Ability to utilize data and analytics to derive actionable recommendations
- Basic understanding of analytical tools used for listening, ad tracking, website, and app statistics helpful (e.g., Google Analytics, Omniture, NetBase, Crimson Hexagon, comScore, etc.)
- Experience developing social media strategies and programs across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Passion for emerging trends in the healthcare + technology space and an ability to apply them to clients’ business