Title: Group Art Supervisor
Department/ Discipline: Art
Company/Location: CDM Princeton/ New Jersey
Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy and Creativity
Lifechangers needed! CDM Princeton—the only agency in the NJ/PA area with the fierce, fast-paced spirit of a big-city agency and the talent to match—is hiring! If you have mad creative skills, are a master of design, and love to work with wickedly talented professionals, check out our Group Art Supervisor opening. Apply today!
The Group Art Supervisor is responsible for managing the development, design and execution of all Agency offerings for both themselves and their direct reports. He/she must manage his/her time and work with the account services team to prioritize all jobs effectively, as well as oversee and junior members of the art team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments and approving work. The Group Art Supervisor mentors those he/she supervises by meeting with them consistently to better understand their career goals and helping to champion their causes when appropriate. The Group Art Supervisor also ensures that all of the team’s work is on strategy, and maintains the highest level of brand consistency and excellence.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities as evident by ability to motivate team, facilitate great thinking, and keeping the team energized.
- Bring interactive trends to your team’s attention and find ways to employ technology to meet your Client’s business needs.
- Execute and direct creative that encompasses all media across print, video, 3D, interactive and social.
- Keep abreast of current interactive, mobile, advertising, design, and visual communications. Continuously stay current to marketing trends and unique design styles, imagery, technology and technological advances and introduce these to future team projects where appropriate.
- Keep supervisor(s) briefed on creative projects in a timely manner.
- Establish credibility and rapport with Clients at all levels by developing knowledge of Client’s business, brand and competitive marketplace(s) and technological advances.
- Manage outside vendor/resources effectively from both cost and creative standpoints, including photographers, illustrators, and production vendors for premiums, printing, digital media, mobile vendors and 3rd party developers.
- Attend video and photo-shoots; provide necessary on-the-spot feedback to effectively accomplish agency and client goals.
- Contribute to new business efforts strategically, creatively and as a reliable steward of the work.
- Demonstrate ability to design and advocate from the user’s perspective.
- Ability to read wireframes and functional specifications and translate into design.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations.
- Project a professional attitude and foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and establish credibility both internally and externally.
- Execute examples of interactive design and provide guidance in understanding these materials when appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and prioritize all jobs effectively, as well as oversee junior members of the art brand team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments and approving work.
- Maintain awareness of efficiency and ensure the best visualization of the product while staying within the budget
- Help interview, train and orient new team members to the agency and department
- Mentor reports by providing constructive, ongoing feedback to them as well as completing annual performance reviews.
- Maintain awareness of issues in day-to-day functioning of team dynamics
- Work closely with Copy and Account Services as a cohesive team player to ensure that strategic goals and objectives are met
- Provide ongoing guidance to all team members and be available to them as a resource for account/agency/departmental policies, procedures, etc.
- Keep supervisor or department head appraised of any workload challenges/concerns on assigned team accounts that may necessitate hiring freelancers or moving creatives around to better utilize their time.
- College degree in visual communications or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of agency experience (history in healthcare is a plus but not necessary)
- Presents a strong design portfolio showcasing a variety of projects, including multi-channel integrated campaign solutions but not limited to print, collateral, direct mail, websites, mobile and tablet design experiences etc. (Roles and responsibilities on each project are clearly stated in the portfolio.)
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Passionate about design, is self-motivated, and is quick to meet challenges with strategic thought
- Experience with strategic brainstorming and campaign development
- Regarded as the creative thought leader when participating in internal and external meetings and reviews. When meeting with or presenting to clients s/he communicates intelligently and diplomatically
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS 5, Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and Video Production.