Director of Digital Experience
Advertising has become more and more about the experiences we create for our audiences. Many of these experiences revolve around emerging technology and inventing or leveraging new technology as a creative solution. This position is all about the marriage of Technical Ability and Creative Vision. We are looking for someone who will be an integral partner to the creative department, inspiring and helping us achieve our vision of being a “lifechanging experiences” agency while leading the charge with a dedicated group of technologists to build the best technical solutions out there.
The Director of Digital Experience will be tasked with leading the technical vision and implementation of work, focusing their energy on building and growing the development, QA and user experience teams while at the same time partnering with the creative teams during the creative process.
- Stay current with emerging technologies, industry trends, and contributes to overall direction of agency innovation.
- Partner closely with Creative Directors to develop innovative ideas for our agency, our clients and our brands.
- Participate in creative presentations of experiential ideas.
- Lead inspiration sessions with clients to introduce them to new technologies and showcase how those technologies can be applied to address their business needs.
- Must have a working knowledge of development practices and experience with hands on development
- Needs to be able to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely to both technical and non technical individuals
- Must understand and be able to work across both LAMP and .NET environments helping to lead and troubleshoot infrastructural insues where needed
- Can evaluate staffing needs with regard to developers, QA and UX
- Participate in client discussions regarding brand objectives and technology requirements.
- Cultivate relationships with Client’s IT organization to help understand and drive necessary infrastructure requirements.
- Establish the necessary business, functional and technical requirements as well as create and review technical architecture and design.
- Oversee and create best practices for deployment and documentation of digital products.
- Manage the overall QA process to ensure high quality, on-time technology deliverables. Identify system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Partner with the Project Managers to assess risks on an ongoing basis, to keep all stakeholders informed and to help develop dependency lists, timelines, and production estimates
- Creative agency experience with exposure to all agency disciplines.
- Deep experience in collaborating with creative teams to craft and execute experiential ideas
- Client facing and impeccable presentation skills.
- Four year degree (Computer Science or related field).
- 7 years of experience managing and motivating technical teams in the development of highly complex, enterprise-class web and application implementations.
- Established track record for accurately scoping and maintaining budget and resources on multiple complex technology projects.
- Experience in the delivery of both native and non-native mobile, iPad applications or browser based applications (native IOS, Xcode, Objective-C, HTML5).
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Veeva and/or Salesforce.com preferred.
- Experience in the delivery of .NET websites and applications including functional knowledge of IIS and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with WordPress and PHP is a plus.
- Solid understanding and experience with software lifecycle methodologies, such as waterfall and agile.
- Complete knowledge of QA processes and conventions.
- Ability to be flexible and tolerate ambiguity while still operating effectively and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.