TBWA\World Health London is the UK hub of TBWA\World Health, a globally connected network of agencies dedicated to helping make the world a healthier place. We partner with some of the most exciting brands in healthcare to create iconic, life-changing work. Our work ranges from pharmaceutical companies and brands to wider health & wellness companies and brands.
Disruption® is our unique strategic methodology that helps us achieve this. It identifies conventions that need breaking. It describes visions of the future. And it defines the Disruptive ideas that can turn those visions into reality.
Healthcare is one of the fastest changing industries on the planet. With Disruption as our philosophy, we aim to ensure our clients stay ahead of the curve. We work alongside brands to create innovative, evocative solutions, helping people make better health choices. We want to shape a better, healthier world. And with a new Executive Creative Director and Managing Partner in place, our commitment towards being Disruptive in health has never been stronger.
Role: Account Manager
- Day to day servicing of a number of accounts, usually encompassing a mix of OTC and Rx brands
- Appreciation of overall strategic direction of the client brand
- Direct face to face client interaction/meetings/briefings/project management
- Development & presentation of creative & tactical plans to client
- Planning and managing in house work flow of campaign materials
- Briefing & evaluating creative and ensuring creative output meets objective
- Providing direction and guidance to account executives
- Identification of potential for organic growth in existing client business
- Managing financial status of accounts including, budget reconciliation, estimates, re- estimates and production costs
Account Manager assessment criteria
- understands and is able to share the agency’s beliefs, values and USP, and how these relate to the Clients’
- understands the strategic vision for the brand(s), contributes to and initiates discussions on stratefy
- demonstrates credibility through up to date knowledge of developments e.g. ongoing research, press cuttings, competitor analysis
- initiates discussions to identify brand development opportunities e.g. piggy back campaigns.
- client seeks opinions, invites to meetings, conferences etc
- client trusts judgement on creative solution
- able to identify the key issues/needs to client
- manages client expectations - what is possible, by when, what cost; educates client on agency processes
- co-ordinates in house team performance to achieve schedules
- gains commitment to schedules through discussion and negotitation
- can get urgent/unplanned work done due to trust and respect from in house team.
- recognizes the needs of different teams
- otherskeeps calm, does not create crises for others
- has respect for and from others
- is realistic about what can be achieved, - time frames, capacity,capability
- advises and coaches Account Executive to develop potential
- writes creative briefs which are thought through and appropriate, for example i)identify the priority issues, the right amount of information ii)contain focused, crystal clear and important messages iii)describe what people will do, by when, iv)do not dictate the creative route, but are single minded about what is needed
- assesses creative work against brief, gives rational objective feedback
- presents/sells creative work with enthusiasm and confidence (‘owns’ the finished work)
- able to ‘defend’ creative work against original brief with objectivity and sound understanding of the function of brands
- informs clients of cost at every stage
- informs Director/BUD on account status and developments
Financial and Commercial
- is aware of individual client revenue/income budget and current performance
- compiles estimates to maximise income/profitability (margins, hours, production costs ).
- commercially responsible i.e. understands the impact of actions/decisions on the efficiency of the agency e.g. excessive time spent on brand, couriers,, changes/corrections to artwork
- estimates are always current, reflecting changes
- understands the impact of decisions on other departments
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Organizes own time to achieve deadlines, priorities task within given time frames
- Clear communicator, honest and fair with colleagues
- Undestands production processes, explains process to clients, recognises need of internal departments
- Manages confrontational situation constructively, positevly
- Communicates bad news constructively, without demotivating the team
- Identifies own traning and development needs