Director of Data and Analytics
The Director of Data and Analytics is responsible for building and managing a hybrid group of Analysts and Data Scientists that are able to couple strong technical abilities and business acumen in order to work closely with marketing/acct management, media, strategic planning and creative teams. This role will be the primary owner of the client relationship with the analytics team, thus requiring appropriate client management experience & skills.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Decision Science, Economics, Information Management Studies, Bio-statistics, Bio-informatics, or Psychology, Sociology with coursework in Statistics, Calculus, or Advanced Math; MBA or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field preferred.
• 6-10 years of work experience in marketing analytics or related field such as advertising, direct marketing, online marketing, loyalty marketing, using data to solve complex Marketing problems.
• Experience in scoping, pricing and staffing analytic/data science engagements.
• Expert knowledge of marketing/advertising/research principles and applied experience in integrated, multi-channel marketing/advertising campaign tactics – including off-line and online/digital channels.
• Expert knowledge of analytic solutions platforms and software and advanced skills in digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Adobe, etc.
• Expert knowledge of analytic techniques such as: time series data analysis, segmentation, univariate & multivariate statistical analysis, modeling, various metrics and key performance indicators, research & test design, significance testing, variance and growth calculations, forecasting, return on investment.
• Working knowledge of the development and maintenance of data infrastructure and associated platforms and programming languages, such as Python, R, SQL, etc., along with cloud storage solutions.
• Familiarity with Healthcare Marketing datasets such as IMS or Crossix.
• Strong presentation and client management skills.
• Guide and manage analysts/sr. analysts in performing extraction of data sets from multiple marketing/database platforms and perform hygiene and quality control steps. Data sources will include: web analytic tools, media analytics, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, research & survey tools, etc.
• Provide leadership and coach analysts/sr. analysts on how to derive and write clearly articulated key findings and observations from analyzing various data sources.
• Provide thought leadership in new marketing analytics methodologies, techniques, tools & technology
• Scope, price and staff analytic engagements.
• Oversee development of analytical plans including proper selection of methodologies, techniques, KPIs and metrics.
• Manage various external vendors including advanced modeling, research firms, or other services firms such as media, social, PR, direct mail, telemarketing, events marketing firms.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and the evolving analytics landscape.
• Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends.
• Manage clients and communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.