ProEd Communications, Inc. is a fully integrated healthcare communications company with a team of highly dedicated professionals. We provide scientific and regulatory excellence to global life science clients. ProEd is part of the Healthcare Consultancy Group, an Omnicom Group company.
When you join ProEd, you are part of an intellectually stimulating environment. We are a family; leadership is visible and accessible; people know each other and grow their careers with us. Our team members have the option to develop new skills across scientific communications, medical affairs, regulatory communications, and market access.
We are seeking a seasoned Associate Medical Director with a proven track record of leading the development of scientific strategy and execution of medical affairs and medical education tactics across various therapeutic areas. We are open to candidates in ALL LOCATIONS; we offer the ability to work from any of our offices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Ohio and California with the potential for a work from home arrangement!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This unique opportunity involves working closely with pharmaceutical and biotech clients to develop scientific strategy, lead tactical planning, and provide team leadership for flawless execution of medical affairs and medical education tactics (advisory boards, scientific platform, training materials for MSLs and other field based roles, publications, conference activities etc.). In this role, you will also support business development, training and mentoring, and a collaborative problem-solving approach to drive client satisfaction. You will report to the group lead of the Medical and Scientific Services team, and will work collaboratively with senior leaders within the company and the group.
We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package, commensurate with the role and your experience. If you excel at and are excited by creative challenges, have a positive attitude, and enjoy a collaborative and fun team environment, we’d love to hear from you. All inquiries will be handled with utmost discretion.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
1. A doctoral degree with 5 to 8 years of agency or pharmaceutical industry experience in supporting scientific communications, medical affairs, or medical education is essential.
2. Therapeutic area experience in Cardiovascular Disease/Thrombosis, Hematology/Oncology, Immunology, or Neurosciences.
3. Excellent communication skills and the drive to build client and team relationships
4. A passion for science and medicine, with a proven track record of communicating medical advances to different audiences and getting up to speed quickly on new therapeutic areas
5. Ability to lead and execute development of content including data analysis for a wide range of complex projects, with minimal review/direction
6. Independently and accurately incorporate strategic concepts into projects as well as guide others to do so
7. Understand business offerings and identify opportunities for organic account growth, including cross-selling, and new business
Willingness to travel is a requirement.
What we offer:
The companies within the Healthcare Consultancy Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.