At Health Science Communications (HSC) we share a genius for translating scientific promise into clinical reality. In fact, we’ve built our business on it! We continue to grow and lead our field by providing scientific strategy, medical education, and multi-channel peer-to-peer initiatives to maximize the value of our clients’ brands with the utmost scientific integrity.
Come join our team of medical, marketing, creative, and digital experts as we continue to catalyze the science, meaningfully engage with our audiences, and strategically partner with some of the most exciting companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and device industries.
We are seeking a dynamic a Senior Account Director. As Senior Account Director, you will be responsible for building client relationships and trust by leading project management initiatives across client teams. You will work with all levels of the organization, optimize internal team processes and procedures, and proactively manage direct reports..
Strategic Business Stewardship
- Partners with senior levels to direct the strategic development of assigned projects and programs for large accounts
- Coordinates team efforts to deliver tactical plans to clients
- Identifies areas of possible organic growth with existing clients
- Resource for client ensuring resolution of day‐to‐day account issues
- Understands client needs; writes proposals to address unmet client needs and opportunities
- Active participant and leader in client pitches, delivering logical, succinct, appropriate, and compelling messages
- Understands and presents company’s capabilities to ensure clients have a clear comprehension of the company’s complete offerings that can support client growth goals.
- Advises clients on project development and objectives, communication strategies, and tactical recommendations and make concise recommendations to help move business forward.
- Works with clients and key opinion leaders to help facilitate initiatives
- Regularly performs account analysis, proactively raising issues and/or suggesting changes to enhance profitability and prevent project overages
- Proven ability to lead projects and programs to completion accurately, on time, and within budget
- Prepares for and actively participates in financial status meetings
- Contributes to and/or leads monthly forecasting exercises
- Manage, develop, and mentor direct reports providing directional guidance to client-facing teams across a wide range of responsibilities
- Oversees execution of all account initiatives from inception through completion; creates actionable plans, provides ongoing feedback for direct reports
- Collaborates with other department heads to ensure project continuity and quality and timely product end results
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, technical communications, or science
- A minimum of 4 years experience in publishing, health/medical pharmaceuticals or biotech, and/or technical communications
- Agency experience in customer service and client management is preferred
- Understanding of market dynamics in therapeutic areas is preferred
- Understanding of scientific messaging, KOL engagement strategies, and meeting management for advisory boards, symposia and promotional speaker training
- Comprehension of medical terminology
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organization skills, linear thinking skills, and process and systems orientation
- The ability to establish and work within deadlines, while being flexible
- The availability and willingness to travel as needed
- Punctual, responsive, motivated and reliable
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and internet research
- The ability to understand product strategy and tactics
- Understanding of client products including science and therapeutic rationale
- Experience estimating costs and developing budgets
- Prior supervisory experience and the ability to motivate others to attain goals
A member of the Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG) which serves the pharmaceutical, biotech, and device industries by providing strategic, scientific communications solutions at all stages of the product lifecycle. Part of Omnicom's Diversified Agency Services (DAS), HCG is a leader in the healthcare segment, with over 350 employees, more than 90 with advanced degrees (MD, PhD, or PharmD). We are a scientifically rigorous, strategically focused, creatively balanced agency built for the future.
The companies within the Healthcare Consultancy Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.