The Scienomics Group (TSG) is a full-service scientific strategy and medical communications company based in Stamford, CT, with offices in New York, New Jersey and San Francisco under Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG) within the Omnicom Network. We provide medical education services globally to support pharmaceutical products and devices/diagnostics throughout the product lifecycle. We are a powerful team of professionals, committed to partnership and united by a shared purpose of helping our clients commercialize their breakthrough therapies. Our mission is to ensure our clients’ drugs are positioned throughout their lifecycle in the best light possible so they can be used in the most appropriate patient populations doing the most benefit.
The Vice President, Client Services will function as the lead for a group of accounts. Your team will include cross-functional colleagues and direct reports, with clear alignment and partnership between Client Services, Scientific Services, Creative, Finance and Digital groups.
The role will include active participation in weekly client calls, strategic and tactical planning sessions with client leadership, supervision and coaching of experienced direct reports to ensure flawless execution of deliverables, financial forecasting to align with overall company goals and budget management. You will function as a dynamic leader for the company, representing our agency as the primary client lead and managing a cross-functional internal staff for the execution of multiple initiatives.
You will represent for the client the strategic vision and cohesion needed to help them achieve their business imperatives. Additionally, your ideas and contributions will play a meaningful role in defining the identity of the Company to the client and will drive organic growth for our agency.
You will also play an active role in our company’s strategic growth plan, including new business identification and pitch efforts, as well as resource allocations that enhance the Company’s success. You will participate in strategic partnerships with sister agencies for the advancement of Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG), our parent company, as a whole. And you will play an active role as a coach and mentor to junior colleagues to secure their professional growth and enable the Company to continue to promote from within and retain key talent.
Strategic Business Stewardship
- Proven ability to creatively and profitably manage client accounts/makes business decisions
- Solves difficult assignment-related challenges
- Leads the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes across agencies to align and advance strategic interests
- Initiates and leads strategic and tactical brainstorming sessions
- Identifies/seeks out new business opportunities and organic growth, capitalizing on previous relationships and areas of expertise
- Recognizes, evaluates, and pursues organic business growth opportunities
- Is an HCG ambassador engaging in broader thinking, who recommends and leads internal meetings/training/task forces to better entire agency and drive client business
- Owns business component, strategic, and financial relationships across clients and is held responsible for external/internal relationships and resolutions
- Develops and leads client pitches showcasing expertise and offerings across agencies and teams, ensuring clients have a clear understanding of complete offerings
- Proactively and continuously proposes new business and new ideas to clients to expand business offerings
- Unprompted, advises clients on message development and marketing strategies, identifying opportunities to offer value-added services
- Effectively develops, organizes, and delivers compelling verbal presentations from client meetings to group new business pitches
- Performs overall account analysis and acts to enhance profitability through operational changes, staffing changes, client renegotiations
- Proactively and independently owns P&L, revenues, OEs, profitability, and growth of accounts
- Directs and manages account staff, overseeing execution of all account initiatives from inception through completion
- In partnership with HR, owns full career path guidance, recruiting, staffing, capacity planning, and retention strategies, including career development
- Held accountable for the relationships across departments and positive cultural tones across client teams
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong interest in pharmaceutical marketing
- A minimum of 8 years medical communication or clinician-focused healthcare marketing agency-side experience
- Appreciation for and willingness to travel
- Strategic acumen and consultative client management experience
- Previous success leading client business coupled with the experience of encouraging and supporting direct reports
- Ability to build rapport and to work well with internal and external teams
- Judgment skills: decision making that is logical and based on a sound thought process
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and mentoring opportunities through programs such as Omnicom University, led by international influencers and Harvard Business School professors
- Retail and entertainment discounts and benefits available
- A rewarding workplace and a fun team environment
The companies within the Healthcare Consultancy Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.