The Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG) is a Global Leader in the provision of scientific strategy and medical communications services for pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The HCG Finance Team provides world class support services to the several entities and 350+ employees that comprise the group. If you are driven, work with high self-expectations, have exceptional communication skills and are inherently orientated towards a customer service mentality, then come join our Team. ProEd Communications (ProEd) is looking for a Senior Finance Director.
ProEd Communications, Inc. is a fully integrated healthcare communications company with a team of highly dedicated professionals. We provide scientific and regulatory excellence to global life science clients. ProEd is part of the Healthcare Consultancy Group, an Omnicom Group company.
When you join ProEd, you are part of an intellectually stimulating environment. We are a family; leadership is visible and accessible; people know each other and grow their careers with us. Our team members have the option to develop new skills across scientific communications, medical affairs, regulatory communications, and market access.
The Senior Finance Director is responsible for all financial aspects of project/client finance for his/her assigned book of business. This spans forecasting the company’s revenue projections to the profitability of individual projects to the day to day financial management of them in close partnership with our Account Services staff. The Director must be exceptionally proactive and talented at fostering collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for running monthly finance meetings with account teams – reviewing status of engagements, contract/PO status, preventing compliance issues
- Oversee the production and submission of client invoices and supporting documentation. Ensure billings in accordance with client contractual terms
- Oversee the preparation of and approve Monthly client financial reports and project reconciliations.
- Analysis of project/client cash position
- Assist Account Services with monthly revenue forecasting
- Proactively working with teams to ensure projects are delivered on budget and scope changes are approved with client timely
- Analysis of project fees and out of pockets, remediation of any projected budget variances.
- Provide ideas and solutions to Account Service teams for more efficient and effective fiscal project/account management
- Ownership over project profitability. Assessing profitability of his/her assigned book of business and taking the steps necessary to improve it.
- Approve project estimates. Work with Account Team to ensure estimates are complete and accurate.
- Ability to analyze processes and design and implement improvements.
- Escalate any internal team inefficiency that is impacting project profitability and proactively seek resolution
- Various levels of client interaction required. Specifically –
- Involvement in all financial conversations with client regarding estimate feedback and negotiation
- Discussion with client regarding scope changes and securing revised signed estimates prior to performing incremental work
- Leading monthly calls with clients regarding the financial status of all projects
- Preparing client requested financial reports
- Client point of contact for all financial inquiries
- Responding to client inquiries regarding pricing, invoices, reconciliations
- Follow up on all outstanding purchase orders, signed estimates, contracts
- Collaborate with multiple agencies within HCG
- Manage large size ($10M+) client accounts
- Ad-hoc financial reporting
- SOX Compliance
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Finance/Accounting degree preferred but not required.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 7-10 years of publications experience within a similar industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Solomon and Cognos forecasting tool(preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to follow projects efficiently through completion.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-pace environment.
- Must possess sound judgment skills, must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Supervisory experience is a plus
Direction of Others: Must possess excellent managerial skills
Key Contacts & collaboration with: Controller, Account Services, Client counterparts, CFO, Company Management
The companies within the Healthcare Consultancy Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.