At Health Science Communications we share a genius for translating scientific promise into clinical reality. In fact, we’ve built our business on it! We continue to grow and lead our field by providing scientific strategy, medical education, and multichannel peer-to-peer initiatives to maximize the value of our clients’ brands with the utmost scientific integrity.
Come join our team of medical, marketing, creative, and digital experts as we continue to catalyze the science, meaningfully engage with our audiences, and strategically partner with some of the most exciting companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and device industries.
We are looking for a Freelance Senior Copywriter, responsible for brainstorming ideas, developing concepts and producing brand specific messaging for slide decks, print and digital deliverables with oversight and direction from the Creative Director and the scientific team. In this mid-level position, the Copywriter will further develop what it means to create creative work and develop as a key member of a cross functional team.
- Under direction of the creative leadership and working closely with scientific team members, conjure & help evolve marketing copy that realizes campaign & project objectives in engaging and articulate language
- Pay obsessive attention to narrative consistency, voice & tone, as well as accuracy of content (in partnership with Editorial)
- See copy decks and manuscripts through development and to launch (in partnership with Editorial and Creative Director)
- Write, reference and annotate copy, using AMA or brand style, in preparation for medical/legal review.
- Commit to polishing copy details while maintaining broad perspective on narrative flow and editorial voice
- Incorporate feedback, comments and changes from Creative Director and cross functional partners while adhering to timelines and due dates
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment while functioning as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Ability to recognize strong creative ideas and see them through to completion.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word.
- 5-7 years of writing experience and knowledge of pharmaceutical/healthcare marketing a HUGE plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Track record as a creative problem solver with a knack for fresh ideas and a new perspective.
- Experience with writing HCP content a plus.