The Medical Writer has excellent writing and communication skills, is experienced in Medical Education (CME), and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Demonstrate proficiency in collaborating with Medical, Account, and Editorial Services.
- Consistently deliver high-quality materials on time and on budget.
- Develop content that meets the stated objectives of the project, is within job specifications as defined by team/client, follow technical specifications, and is scientifically and medically accurate.
- Demonstrate reference competency: Determine the adequacy of references provided for projects and identify/secure additional references or information as necessary.
- Accurately cite from references and appropriately underscore (or highlight) these references for medical/regulatory review.
- Address and incorporate edits requested by clients and physician experts as well as agency reviewers and work with the team to address medical-legal review feedback.
- Continually communicate project status to internal stakeholders through various formal and informal mechanisms.
- Participate in kickoff, status, and other job-related meetings.
- Maintain accurate time sheets and expense reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong neurology/neuroscience background, ideally including MS.
- Medical Education experience.
- Strong medical writing skills (including appropriate annotations) for development of manuscripts in prose and power point slides with graphics.
- 2+ years of experience as a medical communications medical writer.
- Excellent oral communication skills with clients, physician experts, and agency team members
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing, organizing, researching, and problem solving, with attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Understanding of medical-marketing strategies including familiarity with the promotional review process.
- Knowledge of preclinical and clinical research methods and drug approval processes.
- Master's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Physiology, Pathology, Genetics or a related field; 5 years of applicable experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.