Associate Medical Director
The Associate Medical Director is responsible for infusing scientific rigor into all aspects of agency services.
- Demonstrate clinical and technical knowledge across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS/neurology experience, MS preferred.
- Demonstrate versatility in the application of scientific understanding to immerse in new therapeutic areas and to expand disease state knowledge.
- Translate high-science content for promotional purposes for a broad range of HCP and HCC audiences at an expert level, providing guidance to an intuitive understanding.
- Identify, assimilate, and interpret scientific insights, facts, market research, and other resources.
- Prepare scientific and strategic analyses of data and research for optimal application in educational and promotional media.
- Assess emerging competitive and scientific message trends proactively.
- Create and present brand/category backgrounders and other written documents that clearly convey scientific information.
- Assist the "onboarding" process for new team members in agency and client teams.
- Review concepts and content developed by Assistant Medical Directors and Fellows, managing and/or delegating workload appropriately.
- Source potential key opinion leaders and draft discussion guides for interviews.
- Assist the agency team in strategic and tactical brand planning.
- Generate outlines and content for medical education purposes, such as speaker decks for advisory board meetings or scientific communication platforms.
- Participate in congress planning activities, gathering competitive intelligence and identifying key opportunities for brand differentiation in line with strategic brand objectives.
- Participate in and support the agency team in preparing for new business opportunities.
- Collaborate in strategic planning and creative processes to ascertain market landscape traits and to identify brand barriers/opportunities.
- Attend client meetings and calls and provide a scientific perspective.
- Attend advisory board meetings and write meeting summaries.
- Attend medical meetings, conferences, and conventions and coordinate the preparation of reports.
- Create, present, and defend content for medical education purposes in a client- and KOL-facing capacity.
- Function at a high degree of independence and collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients within the department and the agency.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills, clearly conveying scientific content in a structured, organized manner.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain accurate time sheets and expense reports.
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects with attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Remain focused and organized in high pressure situations.
- Uphold agency quality standards in servicing the client.
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows.
- PharmD; MD; PhD/BSc/MSc in Biology, Microbiology, Physiology, Pathology, Genetics or a related field.
- MBA, business or marketing experience preferred.
- 3 years as a medical practitioner/clinical experience or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of preclinical and clinical research methods and drug approval processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.