The Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing and monitoring all the systems and infrastructure for Omnicom Health Group agencies. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing, installing, configuring and maintaining technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components.
- Proactively ensure the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Performing high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures.
- Work with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff
- Ability to communicate complex information to technical and nontechnical users, including management.
- Create IT System/Application documentation as needed.
Qualified candidates should possess a strong technical background on Active Directory, Windows 2008/2012. Must work well with others.
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Scripting languages (PowerShell, VBScript etc)
- Networking Protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- VMware, vSphere (Preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in system engineering and IT support required
- Works directly with internal and external clients to ensure that system problems are resolved in the most expeditious manner possible. Ability to work calmly under high pressure situations. Ability to maintain good rapport with clients being supported.
- Ability to function within a group and possess conflict resolution skills as well as ability to provide support to other team members in problem resolution situations.
- Ability to quickly analyze problems, interprets operational needs, and resolve or escalate problems in a timely manner as well as ability to provide real time support for system issues.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Needs to work effectively with minimal supervision to meet agreed service levels, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with the agency as well as other IT Departments within Omnicom.
- Some travel might be required within Manhattan and possibly New Jersey; sometimes upon short notice.
Individual must also maintain an extreme level of confidentiality in dealing with all information that flows through the office.