Senior Brand Strategist
The Senior Brand Strategist is a mid-level position in the brand strategy department supporting the department. The brand strategy department today is entirely staffed by VPs and above. The Senior Brand strategist will be expected to quickly immerse him/herself in the brand and provide support to the team, including a minority of the time spent handling administrative duties such as purchase and storage of workshop materials.
Brand Strategists are responsible for guiding the brand and its clients through problem-solving and future-state planning through analyses, workshops, POVs, white papers, market research involvement, and competitive reporting and reviews.
Senior Brand Strategists will work closely with the Digital Strategy team to keep the agency and client ahead of the curve on trends in oncology.
Next Step: VP, Brand Strategist
- Prepare for and participate as table moderator at requent workshops – preparation includes developing workshop exercises, templates, and themes, designing workshop templates, purchasing supplies for workshops, working with production department in printing and executing workshop materials
- write/compile workshop notes, preparation of reports
- Prepare competitive landscape analyses
- Lead internal working sessions to brainstorm tactics and other solutions
- Regularly monitor competition to provide updates
- Attendance/observation of market research, providing notes on research
- Manage and update key documents for strategy department
- Review medical journals and advertising magazines for market landscape updates
- 1 years + experience in a communications service company or department
- Basic knowledge of medical research/clinical trials and pharmaceuticals; knowledge of oncology a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, marketing, science or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of communication/brand strategy (from either professional, internship, or school experience)
- Strong writing and proofing skills
- Time–management abilities and good organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and think strategically
- Proactive and efficient work ethic
- Ability to work in teams and be collaborative
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Client facing experience a plus