Title: Associate Director of Programmatic
Company/Location: SSCG Media Group/New York
SSCG Media Group (SSCGMedia.com) is one of the largest full-service, 100% pharma-focused strategic media planning and buying group in the world and is a proud member of Omnicom Health Group.
Be a part of a team who thinks having fun, learning something new every day, and being creative in everything we do are key ingredients to your success. Join an organization that has experienced tremendous growth and doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon! See how Substance, Style, Conviction and Grace (SSCG) are held as core values and instrumental in your growth. We offer rich opportunities to each individual to foster growth, keep them challenged and help them uncover their passion in their work.
If you have Substance, Style, Conviction and Grace (along with all the skills below), we want to hear from you!
The Associate Director of Programmatic will be engaged with all five of our growing agency locations leading programmatic media initiatives. This role will be responsible for helping to transform programmatic media offerings for SSCG clients through evaluating new technologies and data solutions in partnership with Omnicom Health Group’s Data and Technology center of excellence. This candidate must have a positive and “hands-on” attitude and be able to work with existing SSCG Media team members to design, launch and manage campaigns, using varying tools and across multiple clients.
- Drive the evolution of programmatic media offerings for SSCG’s pharmaceutical and biotech clients, leveraging both external and Omnicom Group tools and resources
- Identify, evaluate and vet existing and new technology, data, targeting, measurement and attribution solutions
- Proactively identify opportunities to test partners and bring those ideas to the larger team
- Learn and understands all phases of the clients’ marketing objectives and provides programmatic strategies to deliver against these objectives
- Partner with SSCG planning team to prepare and present programmatic recommendations and strategy based on brand objectives and campaign details
- Develop close working relationship with clients and vendor partners to drive their understanding of programmatic, its advantages and our capabilities
- Guide and work closely with the planning teams and the client teams to deliver on “data driven” marketing investment decisions
- Collaborate to develop audience segments and targeting strategies
- Act as a key client contact for programmatic initiatives
- Presents programmatic recommendations to clients
- Proactively manage client and agency stakeholder expectations to a high standard
- Oversee/manage the day-to-day operation of programmatic activity
- Determine and supervise the best possible implementation of programmatic media
- Lead development of process documents, best practices and training
- Guide larger team in account creation and set up i.e. site tagging, creative tag and campaign tactic development
- Establish key measures for success and provide data and optimization insights to client and SSCG planning teams
- Lead programmatic collaboration with senior internal and external stakeholders spanning internal Strategy & Planning and Analytics teams as well as externally with clients and vendor partners
- Engage in new business opportunities and pitches
- Provide ongoing POVs on marketplace and leading technologies to both internal OHG community as well as externally
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Quantitative discipline a plus
- 5-8 years of media agency experience with 3-5 years of hands-on programmatic experience
- Pharma experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to distill highly technical information for a non-technical audience
- Proven ability in training and leadership capability
- Experience working with large data sets and deep understanding of analytical methodologies and data evaluation
- Proven ability to be proactive and able to work independently and direct projects for self and for larger teams
- Passion for learning and enjoy working with a variety of individuals and maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to think “big picture” and anticipate team and client needs
- Adaptable to change
- Experience trafficking and managing programmatic media
Systems and Tools
- Deep working knowledge of the programmatic landscape, including DSPs, DMPs, open exchange, PMP and guaranteed buys etc.
- Working knowledge of 3rd party verification tools, including DoubleVerify, ComScore, IAS, Moat, etc.
- Hands-on experience with data visualization tools, such as Datorama and Tableau
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of ad serving including DCM or other relevant 3rd party ad-server
- Familiarity with viewability measurement (MOAT, IAS, DoubleVerify) and audience measurement (Nielsen DAR)