Job Location: Chicago
Position Type :Full-Time/Regular
Art Supervisors oversee and create a range of high level, meaningful visual core concepts and designs to achieve creative excellence on behalf of our clients and superior brand performance. Art Supervisors conceptualize, design and execute visual solutions for integrated, cross-channel best-in-class marketing initiatives. Under minimal supervision, the Art Supervisor is tactically involved in the development of visual concepts/ campaigns and demonstrates a growing knowledge of the client’s brand & overall industry. Supports business growth and pushes the envelope on developing ground-breaking creative concepts.
- CREATIVITY Supervise and create high quality visual concepts and generate new and innovative ideas, alongside the Copywriter and broader team, to create a wide range of concept advertising to support integrated, multi-channel initiatives. Collaborate to define concept, brand and copy directions and interact with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics, translating concepts into effective campaigns. Contribute to brainstorming and creative brief development, support proprietary processes (Disruption, SPARK) and effectively present and sell agency recommendations.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE Ensure that strategic and medical accuracy of concepts are achieved to leverage the key components of campaign relevance and maintain agency creative standards. Apply client-provided information and market research to ensure relevance; determine production methodology and outline execution requirements. Become facile with digital asset management and client regulatory systems for timely, accurate workflow. Understand the needs and motivations of an audience and how they translate across a wide range of marketing channels. Successfully translate and oversee ideation action and collaborate with teams to execute surprising, innovative and award-winning ideas.
- NEW BUSINESS Initiate the pursuit of organic business opportunities with research and analysis of the creative marketplace. Identify and capitalize on new business opportunities within existing accounts to expand current assignments and acquire new projects. The Art Supervisor participates in new business pursuits as needed.
- DEVELOPMENT Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to deepen knowledge of assigned brand(s), the healthcare industry and the creative marketplace. An Art Supervisor will cultivate marketing acumen and strive to elevate the quality of creative output and agency strategic value. Conduct pro-active research, seek out and embrace professional development opportunities and ensure alignment with client expectations and overall agency creative excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or equivalent experience
- At least 4-6 years relevant Advertising Agency experience in either a Consumer or Pharmaceutical setting
- Broad knowledge and perspective to recommend competitive ideas, strategies and plans
- Build constructive relationships to foster strong team orientation and collaboration of strengths and cross-functional thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to present new and unique perspective/ideas
- Thorough knowledge of ADOBE, InDesign and/ other creative software applications
- Ability to generate creative concepts
- Basic drawing skills
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to manage time and workload
- Ability to travel and work across locations