YOU ARE THE CONTENT EXPERT You love to know all there is to know about a given topic, and sharing your knowledge truly brings you joy. Your team depends on your copy expertise and trusts that the responsibility is one you value deeply. You’re giving of your time and capable of guiding other copywriters in the creation of powerful and consistent collateral. You think disruptively to redefine conversations and reimagine communication materials. You listen carefully to your clients’ needs and work collaboratively to provide solutions both satisfying and surprising.
Your art partners are confident that you’ll make them look good, and your clients rest easy knowing you’re in their creative lineup. You know your brands inside and out. You’re familiar with every data point, you know every ®, ™, comma, and period. And you can recite RTBs in your sleep. You understand the strategy behind elevating each of your clients’ products, and you’re adept at crafting messages that convey just what it is your clients want to impart, in elegant language that helps them define their purpose.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
YOU WILL EXCEL BY:
05 \ RESEARCH
- Maintain currency with brands and applicable medical/scientific information.
- Mine market research via Internet and other resources (Medline, National Library of Medicine, client information, clinical reports, etc).
- Identifying and understanding trends in healthcare and research, and seeking ways to apply those learnings to your day-to-day work.
04 \ COLLABORATION
- Assist in developing a creative brief by working with the internal team and client team.
- Assist in defining and developing a creative approach and process for a project by attending job opening meetings with the account and creative teams and brainstorming sessions with the creative team.
- Defining original concepts and creating a target audience to begin the creative process.
03 \ SUPERVISION
- Supervise or create a copy document.
- Utilize information gathered throughout brainstorming and job opening meetings and forward to ACSM for internal review and approval.
- Enhancing creative quality by supervising copywriter(s) and reviewing concept ideas with the associate creative director, group creative director, art director, and the creative team.
02 \ EXECUTION
- Supervise and/or create high-quality creative content and generate new and innovative ideas.
- Collaborate with internal staff, utilizing personal creativity, skills, and experience to create a broad range of written concept advertising, sales promotion, and collateral pieces.
- Generating disruptive ideas and guiding them to fruition.
01 \ QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Ensure strategic and medical accuracy of content. Maintain agency creative standards by reviewing (or supervising the reviewer of) type proofs and mechanicals for errors or omissions, adhering to budget and time constraints.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of content by appropriately applying client-provided information, market research, and AMA and client-preferred style to the content copy. Ensure legal and regulatory accuracy and compliance by participating in a legal review with client company’s legal department.
- Supervising copywriters, ensuring correctness of copy edit, and applying appropriate clinical data and market research to the concept work.