The Account Executive (AE) assists with the day-to-day business of the account, working closely with senior account leaders. He/she is responsible for managing day-to-day projects, tactical development, managing timelines, account estimates, the out-of-pocket (OOP) budget, and time and event schedules. This position works in close conjunction with the account team, creative team and other agency operations departments.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that work is completed within budget (both hourly and OOP management)
- Ensure that all billing is done accurately and promptly
- Track OOP billing to ensure that all expenses fall within approved guidelines
- Create or help AAE to create estimates and receive Agency and Client approval before starting project
- Revise or help AAE to revise estimates as needed
- Weekly review of hours/OOPs tracking
- Alert Client to financial ramifications of decisions in a timely manner.
- Work diligently to meet Client's accounting needs (e.g. Daily review of vendor purchase orders, job actuals, etc.)
- Sign final draft invoices after reviewing with senior management.
- Participate in reconciliation reports, scope of work (S.O.W.) development, and other critical financial documents
- Keep client abreast of hours and OOP changes when revisions require updated estimates
- Close jobs
- Responsible for ensuring that account is organized and efficient:
- Oversee opening and tracking Purchase Orders (POs)
- Requesting and closing job numbers
- Lead status meetings and individual project start-up meetings concerning projects AAE is managing (if applicable)
- Lead project management from start to finish, starting with drafting estimates to creative briefs to receiving regulatory approval to production and ending with completion of job
- Manage development and production within the Agency
- Maintain regular Client contact, ensuring that the Client is updated and briefed on all relevant account activity
- Maintain responsibility for accuracy of all communications to Client
- Manage timetables in conjunction with traffic and production
- Record and summarize all Client contacts, decisions, and approvals
- Produce accurate and timely status reports/contact report
- Responsible for competitive overviews (analyses and monitoring)
- Communicate direction and Client feedback to creative staff clearly and concisely
- Continue to develop fundamental understanding of marketing and advertising concepts
- Demonstrate working knowledge of scientific category and brand
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Supervise Assistant Account Executive’s work (when relevant). Monitor (or help to monitor) daily account workload
- Train (or help to train) new hires in process and procedures of the account
- Delegate work to AAE when appropriate; communicate effectively
- Manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, pay attention to detail, and set priorities for specific assignments, especially when handling multiple projects
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations
- Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients within the department and the agency
- Uphold Agency quality standards in servicing the Client
- Maintain accurate time sheets
- Demonstrate an understanding of Client's business and Agency assignment, and contribute to strategic direction and solutions
- Develop thorough knowledge of Client's goals and vision, both the brand itself and the people involved, and interact appropriately
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows
- Understand when it’s appropriate to make decisions independently and when to escalate issues/decisions to manager
Uphold the Company Values (the 3 E’s) in all decisions and interactions
- College degree.
- 2 years Agency or comparable outside experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to write basic documents with minimal supervision.
- Possess a good foundation of knowledge of marketing/advertising.