Senior Vice President, Strategic Planner
The SVP, Strategic Planner is a driver of disruptive thinking, continually shaping our agency of makers, and proactively bring clients ideas that capture aspirations beyond what they’ve imagined. He/she leads the agency into new areas of growth and helps to unlock the potential in every promising scenario. Their leadership is appreciated by colleagues and indispensable to clients, engendering uncommon loyalty. He/She is experienced in pharmaceutical market analysis, market research, brand development, and marketing.
Collaborate on the development of thorough oncology market analysis for pharmaceutical products including market data, HCP perspective (full MDT), patient journey, payer involvement, upcoming market events and future trends.
- Work with internal colleagues and client to define and address information needs through primary and secondary research
- Develop perspective on relevant oncology market topics including challenges and opportunities for helping clients realize maximum brand value
- Lead and develop strategic deliverables that include but not limited to: competitive analysis; brand positioning; opportunity identification; workshops; and brand plans.
- Drive discussions with client to identify actionable options to protect value and/or capitalize on
- Facilitate client discussions to align on key strategic topics (eg, positioning)
- Work with colleagues and clients to leverage market perspective into a fully integrated marketing
- plan for clients’ assets, including: multi-channel brand marketing strategy; unbranded and
- mechanism communication strategy; KOL engagement plan and disease education programming
- Liaise with agency creative colleagues to ensure high quality execution aligned with agreed client strategies
- Work with client account leadership to anticipate client strategic challenges and propose appropriate engagement opportunities.
- Proactively identify game-changing insights and/or to test proposed break-out theories/executions
- Successful leadership of new business pitches
- 8-10 years + experience in pharmaceutical marketing and/or strategy consulting in pharmaceuticals & healthcare and/or pharmaceutical advertising agency in a strategy, account, or creative role
- Oncology/ Companion diagnostic experience preferred; strong understanding of IDN/academia and community practice dynamics
- Familiarity with commercially available healthcare and pharmaceutical databases, and market research methodologies
- Facility with common analytical frameworks, qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Leadership abilities and experience with matrix team management
- Ability to manage stakeholders and work across multiple client teams
- Deep understanding of disruptive technologies and channels: social media, mobile, cloud, IoT, analytics
- Facility with standard business software: Excel, Powerpoint, etc.