Title: VP, Creative Director / Copy
Location: San Francisco CA
You Will be Expected to:
- Provide input into the budgeting/forecasting process by working with account management to determine approximate number of man-hours, materials, and processes necessary for project execution.
- Utilize effective delegation, approve the assignment/reassignment of appropriate resources to jobs, and provide direction and counsel as necessary.
- Maintain a consistently high level of executional excellence.
- Ensure appropriate resources are assigned to projects, timelines are managed, and strategic brand objectives are promoted internally and with clients. As a Creative Director/Copy, adhere to internal creative standards by reviewing concept ideas and projects for strength of overall design concept, structure, uniqueness, logic flow, consistency across brand line, relevance, etc.
- Maintain positive client relationships.
- Present various stages of work product, gain client buy-in, and effectively respond to client questions and concerns.
- Provide supervision and oversight to TBWA\WH employees and freelance staff by determining appropriate project assignments based on individual skill sets and workload, orienting new employees to TBWA\WH SOPs, providing necessary resources and direction, and responding to questions.
- Act as a mentor to departmental employees by creating developmental opportunities, responding to questions, providing on-the-job training, giving direction on appropriate resource utilization (internally and externally). Oversee the copy process by meeting regularly with copywriters and account management to assess project development, review work product, and determine whether project is on target and within the scope of the creative brief.
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality creative output by developing strategic and creative approaches to branding and advertising campaigns.
- Develop creative direction for projects by working with account management and clients to develop creative briefs that outline processes
You Will Excel By:
- Ensuring smooth internal workflow.
- Overseeing the delivery of work to clients that meets the highest quality standard.
- Building client trust in the teams you supervise and the agency as a whole.
- Acting as a trusted adviser to personnel throughout the creative department.
- Overseeing and generating disruptive creative work that consistently exceeds client expectations.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have pharmaceutical copy experience, messaging to HCPs (direct to physician)
• Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, and/or Journalism
• 10+ years of demonstrating strong leadership skills
• Solid strategic and tactical instincts
• Ability to present and sell to the client
• Must be effective at motivating and developing people
• Have the ability to anticipate problems and react appropriately
• High level of communication skills
• Must be able to work well under pressure and time constraints
• Must possess a strong team orientation