Creative Director—Medical Education
Company: Synergy Medical Education
Wanted: A Creative Leader
Who Is Synergy?
Synergy is a full-service scientific strategy and medical communications company based in Conshohocken, PA. We provide medical education services globally to support pharmaceutical products and devices throughout the many phases of their lifecycle. Over the last 20 years, we have built long-lasting relationships with medical opinion leaders, patient advocacy groups, and major pharmaceutical companies globally.
Your Role on Our Team
You will lead the creative and design function within the agency to deliver quality outputs for clients, internal teams, and the agency. You will make our scientific content and deliverables all come to life with high-quality and beautiful design.
More Details on What You Will Do
- Lead the design and execution of creative elements for medical education deliverables
- Develop compelling creative across all media, including print and digital
- Have a strong working knowledge of both digital and print production processes
- Effectively collaborate with internal teams to ensure the highest quality product gets delivered on time
- Ensure we get a great brief from our clients, participate in key meetings, and be comfortable presenting our work to our clients
- Integrate new technology solutions into agency, managing launch phase and ongoing development
- Develop / maintain an effective network of freelance designers, technology partners, and print vendors
- Provide budget estimates for design and print to account management team
- Discuss implications of production changes with agency teams and clients
- Educate agency in new technologies, concepts, and production concepts
- Sit on agency leadership team, and participate in planning sessions, corporate identity development, and act a mentor to junior staff
- Demonstrate leadership capability through example
The Skills, Experience, and Traits You Will Need to Be Successful at Synergy
- You are smart and driven to succeed in what you do.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional—typos make you crazy!
- You don’t complain about problems; you see them as opportunities.
- You are an expert at project planning and management and at juggling many tasks.
- You thrive on “rolling with the punches” and at juggling many tasks.
- You don’t just think outside the box; to you, there is no box.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
- You have been a mentor and colleagues look to you for advice.
- You have effective verbal communication skills.
- You have 5 to 8 years of experience working in medical education, medical communications, pharmaceuticals, publishing, or publications planning and development.
- You are proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office applications.
- You are flexible, have effective time management skills, and a positive attitude.
- You are customer service focused.
- You have an intimate knowledge of pharma client guidelines.
What Does Synergy Offer You?
We offer you a stimulating working environment with a small, passionate group of people. We provide a competitive salary with bonus and excellent benefits. We are centrally located in Conshohocken, PA, about 30 minutes northwest of center city Philadelphia and 2 blocks from the Spring Mill station on the Manayunk/Norristown Regional Rail train line. We also offer ongoing training programs through the Omnicom network. You will have the opportunity to shine and excel in a supportive atmosphere.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements and a cover letter detailing where you have applied your creative and design skills. Only resumes with a cover letter, including salary requirements, will be considered.
For more information on Synergy, please find us on LinkedIn or visit our Web site at www.synergymedicaleducation.com.