Title: VP, Senior Medical Director
Company/Location: CDM New York
Department/Discipline: Medical and Scientific Affairs
Overview: With a passion for science and a keen eye for medical strategy, a successful VP, Senior Medical Director will possess the ability to make science meaningful, creatively translate data, drive strategic thinking for key brands and provide leadership within the Medical and Scientific Affairs department as well as the agency at large.
The things that make this opportunity special:
- The people: You’ll join an enthusiastic group of more than a dozen medical and scientific strategists that each bring varied industry perspectives to MSA and unselfishly share those perspectives as well as their unique experiences to help ensure success for each other and our brands
- The culture: An energetic, supportive and collegial department await you.
- The agency: CDM truly values MSA’s scientific smarts and embraces science-driven innovative ideas, approaches and solutions
- The resources: As a part of OmnicomHealthGroup, OHG, you will have a multitude of data-driven, analytical, quantitative and qualitative -research tools at your fingertips to help uncover important insights and fuel impactful brand work
- The work: Our brands allow you to dive deep into therapeutic categories, become integral members of internal and external brand teams and feel intellectually challenged each and every day.
A VP, Senior Medical Director is responsible for:
- Maintaining current, in depth knowledge of all dedicated brands, therapeutic areas and competitive landscapes
- Partnering with Account and Creative brand leadership to drive brand strategy
- Working collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams to define strategic medical objectives for brands and ensure pull-through of strategy in all communications and/or tactics
- Working closely with Copy to ensure scientific and therapeutic accuracy
- Acting as a liaison between the agency and key consultants/opinion leaders/medical clients
- Fully participating in new business pitches while also identifying business growth opportunities for existing brands
- Managing and mentoring direct reports within MSA
- Working collaboratively with MSA Director and other Department Heads to grow MSA through creation of expanded offerings
- Presenting yourself, the agency, and your recommendations in an articulate, dynamic, and professional manner
- MD, PharmD, or PhD with 5+ years of Pharmaceutical marketing and advertising experience