VP, Strategic Planner
WildType, the premier oncology-focused TBWA/Worldhealth agency, is seeking an insightful, creative thinker to spark and guide strategies for key oncology businesses and accounts within the agency. If you have experience managing a large portfolio of high-science business, have a passion for oncology and the creative brief process, and have developed marketing communications that have had a demonstrated impact, you could be the strategic leader that we need! From searching for current gaps in research, to identifying pockets of opportunity, and forming inspiring presentations and creative briefs, the VP Strategic Planner will strategically incite future actions and projects that will bring significant value to our company, clients and creative products.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Examine clinical data and market research to identify gaps in learning and deduce the implications for our clients and the brand.
- Collaborate on the development of thorough oncology market analysis for pharmaceutical products including market data, HCP perspective, patient journey, payer involvement, upcoming market events and future trends.
- Lead and develop strategic deliverables that include but not limited to: competitive analysis; brand positioning; opportunity identification; workshops; and brand plans.
- Generate fresh, inventive insights and formulate scientifically accurate presentations and compelling creative briefs to direct thinking and actions.
- Initiate strategic recommendations for future actions that target identified pockets of opportunities (i.e. what information about our brand is missing from the physician perspective, and what steps should be taken to fill the gap?).
- Shepherd and nurture marketing, creative, and scientific communications.
- Manage junior level members of the strategic team and form integrated relationships.
- Effectively balance integration in a wide portfolio of client business.
- Drive interpretation and implications of clinical and market research into presentations.
- Collaborate with Copy/Art departments in creative development process to ensure product has more impact by providing feedback to identify where the current approach may be falling off strategy, and the best future avenues to explore.
- Contribute and participate in new business pitches as needed.
- Advanced degree preferred in business, marketing, and/or social or life sciences
- 8+ years work experience in a department/company specializing in strategic insight generation. Past experience in pharmaceutical or advertising industry required. Oncology or high science experience preferred
- The ability to provide past case studies, pitched business, creative briefs and writing samples that demonstrate creative and insightful thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the capability to construct and support arguments
- Experience managing challenging strategic issues (i.e. launching a unique drug combination).
- Well versed in sophisticated research methods (i.e. segmentation, copy testing, & message testing).
- Past experience managing direct reports.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities.
- Team player with a professional, outgoing, and assertive attitude.