Data Engineer/Analyst, Data & Analytics Team
The Analyst will be working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment to execute marketing related data analyses. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate strong SQL and analytical skills. Proficiency in SQL, Excel is a must, knowledge of SAS/R programming would be considered an advantage. Experience in analyzing a range of large, secondary pharmaceutical databases and familiarity with industry analytical and methodological standards is a plus. Even though relevant industry experience is desired, we will provide training as necessary.
As a member of the Data & Analytics team at BioPharm, the engineer will develop and provide support to different agencies, clients and internal BPC operations team. The position will develop and support a cloud data warehouse which will support the data-driven advanced analytical needs of BioPharm along with the following tasks:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Integrate large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other technologies.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data applications.
Key Qualifications & Requirements:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake etc.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines using Talend or similar ETL tools.
- Strong data management skills related to working with structured/unstructured datasets.
- Build automation routines supporting data transformation, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 1+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another technology field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- 1+ Years of ETL development experience with tools like (SSIS / Talend / Pentaho or other)
- 1+ years of SQL, Excel
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (previously known as Exact Target) will be considered an advantage.
- SAS/R and/or Power BI/Tableau would be a plus.
- Applied knowledge of database architectures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.