Job Title: Copywriter
Location: SF/ Irvine - California
You are an innovative, creative thinker, a partner to your teammates and your clients. You’re committed to fresh thinking and consistent execution of day-to-day needs on your long-standing brands, but can easily switch gears to disruptive concepting for new business efforts. In collaboration with your team, clients can depend on your routine delivery of collateral while also relying on your ability to offer a new take on an existing product or market-savvy ideation for their next launch.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Maintain currency with brands and applicable medical/scientific information.
– Mine market research via Internet and other resources (Medline, National Library of Medicine, client information, clinical reports, etc).
- Assist in developing a creative brief by working with the internal team and client team to define original concepts, create a target audience, and begin the creative process.
– Attend and provide input during strategic planning sessions, job opening meetings with the account and creative teams, and brainstorming sessions with the creative team, as
well as the creation of a spec sheet to assist other internal departments in executing the work product.
- Ensure strategic and medical accuracy of content by reviewing and editing copy for correctness and applying applicable clinical data and market research to the concept work.
– Maintain agency creative standards by reviewing type proofs and mechanicals for errors or omissions, adhering to budget and time constraints.
- Create high-quality creative content and generate new and innovative ideas.
– Collaborate with internal staff to create a broad range of written concept advertising, sales promotion, and collateral pieces. Enhance creative quality by reviewing concept ideas with the creative director,
art director, and creative team.
- Create copy documents by utilizing information gathered throughout brainstorming and job opening meetings and forward to ACSM for internal review and approval.
– Ensure legal and regulatory accuracy and compliance by participating in a legal review with client company’s legal department. Appropriately apply client-provided
information, market research, and AMA and client- preferred style to the content copy.
YOU WILL EXCEL BY:
- Identifying and understanding trends in healthcare and research, and seeking ways to apply those learnings to your day-to-day work.
- Defining original concepts and creating a target audience to begin the creative process.
- Executing strategically and medically accurate projects on time and on budget.
- Utilizing personal creativity, skills, and experience to deliver disruptive creative results.
- Routinely ensuring completeness and accuracy of content.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or equivalent experience
• 2 to 3 years of experience, preferably in an agency environment
• Exceptional writing skills, strong command of the English language, ability to use creativity in writing, good working knowledge of medical terminology a plus
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Some familiarity with creation and presentation of scientific tables and statistical data
• Honed presentation skills
• Ability to appropriately obtain and utilize reference material
• Strong attention to detail