Title: VP, Account Director
Purpose: Account Directors are key to the acquisition and retention of clients and staff by supporting the vision and shared values that provide the agency with market differentiation. They serve as an agency leader for achieving a client’s communication and business objectives by strategically guiding clients to grow a brand by way of deep category knowledge, strategic marketing acumen, value-added relationships, and a passion for the healthcare industry.
An Account Director typically has the responsibility for managing $3-5mm, works with a high level of independence, grows business, proficiently manages and develops others, has a deep operational knowledge, fosters collaborative cross-functional teams, and exhibits strong strategic leadership.
1. CLIENT RELATIONSHIP Develop and maintain meaningful and productive client relationships at all levels to ensure that strategic recommendations and creative deliverables surpass client expectations. Initiate on-going communication with clients to manage and align expectations, ensure staffing resources and performance expectations are met and provide strategic counsel. Contribute to the overall client financial management and establish and meet internal client revenue targets. Provide proactive counsel on research findings, the external marketplace, competitive pressures and brand influences to sell agency expertise, gain consensus on creative ideas, and develop strategic initiatives.
• BA degree and 8-10 years’ prior work experience in healthcare marketing environment
• Proven team management experience and the ability to create a climate in which others want to do their best
• Ability to establish and maintain effective client relationships to gain trust and respect
• Build constructive relationships to foster strong team orientation and collaboration of strengths and cross-functional thinking
• Ability to effectively navigate conflict and differing opinions to find common ground and gain cooperation to move forward
• Capacity to manage a range of group processes and adjust approach when something isn’t working
• Continuously seek out knowledge and broaden perspective to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
• Aptitude for looking beyond the obvious and probe further to solve business problems
• Ability to travel and work across locations
• Organizational Agility
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Problem Solving
• Motivating Others
• Strategic Agility