Position Title: VP, Director - Project Manager
The VP, Director, Project Management role will be joining our agency at a very exciting time. This role is as much a change agent as it is an operational expert - helping the agency transform the existing PM team into articulate digital producers. The team is strong, but this leader will mentor them to be even stronger, embracing complex workstreams for emerging channels. Digital is at the core and detailed business management is the connective tissue that holds it all together. Both our DTC and HCP clients are facing new challenges in this new normal, and our PM team has the ability to lead this work to executional nirvana under the leadership of this individual.
Specific responsibilities include:
-Scoping and Staffing – thinking through the business objectives as part of the brand leadership team and ensuring we have the right people and the right action plan in place for success.
-Provide mentorship on the governance of all projects managed by the Project Management team (ie, ensuring compliance with PMO standards).
-As a coach, this role is responsible for team development and collaboration, including performance management activities and ongoing development planning. This role is accountable for mentoring and training efforts for all levels of PM staff and in all aspects of their function.
- PROCESS & WORKFLOW Demonstrates an expert knowledge of and is accountable for managing PMO and team adherence to the agency workflow and processes. Accountable for the consistency of project management practices on Brand PMO teams, while helping us to identify the nuances between DTC and HCP. Maintain understanding of client needs and proactively address and communicate changes, as needed. Educate project management staff on best practices with project management methodology, tools, and techniques ensuring efficiency, quality control, and flawless execution of agency jobs. Regularly identifies and implements executional improvements and shares best practices broadly across the agency.
- RESOURCE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Responsible for managing project management resource needs across assigned location client/brand teams. Manage allocation of project management resources with fluctuations in work across brand teams. Supervise staff and play an active role in the planning and execution across multiple pieces of business. Evaluate staffing plans and utilization, and provide strategic recommendations. Guides annual Scope of Work creation process and supports budget concerns and questions as they arise, internally and with clients. Accountable for consistent weekly financial tracking and monthly financial reconciliation for assigned Brands. Proactively managing up on issues with financial health and revenue risks.
- EXECUTION OF DELIVERABLES Accountable for the quality and consistency of work across assigned Brand PMO teams. In addition to leading their own assigned jobs, provides oversight to assigned Brand PMO teams, and proactively tracks critical path activities, anticipates risks, and creates contingency plans in collaboration with Brand PMO project teams. Reviews and analyzes Brand PMO team’s estimates, timelines, resource, and budget information and serves as a clear escalation path to all personnel within assigned brands. Participates as primary project manager on new business pitches.
- MENTORING Effectively lead and support employee engagement opportunities and foster cross- discipline relationships to better our agency’s culture, resources, talent development, and marketplace position. Set clear performance expectations, communicate alignment between individual roles and overall organizational strategy and deliver on employment value proposition. Support and leverage talent programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience, with 4+ years’ deep knowledge in Interactive/Digital Project Management
- Minimum 5 years directly managing staff
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic problem solver demonstrating influencing skills; exhibits strong mentoring, teamwork and client service orientation
- Advertising agency experience required, healthcare industry or professional services firm desired
- Strong digital acumen required
- Strong financial/budget management experience required
- Strong leadership and management skills with an understanding of change management principles
- Proven track record of hiring and developing staff
- Experience in resource management including allocation, hiring, performance management and brand team/project assignments
- Extensive knowledge and skills across all multichannel media (print, digital and social media), and ability to apply leading-edge project management philosophy, tools and techniques to improve marketing and advertising execution
- PMO platform experience (Examples include, but not limited to, HIVE, SmartSheet, Screendragon, Project, etc)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships to gain trust and respect
- Build constructive relationships to foster collaboration and cross-functional thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.