YOU ARE THE CONTENT EXPERT
You love to know all there is to know about a given topic, and sharing your knowledge truly brings you joy. Your team depends on your copy expertise and trusts that the responsibility is one you value deeply. You’re giving of your time and capable of guiding other copywriters in the creation of powerful and consistent collateral. You think disruptively to redefine conversations and reimagine communication materials. You listen carefully to your clients’ needs and work collaboratively to provide solutions both satisfying and surprising.
Your art partners are confident that you’ll make them look good, and your clients rest easy knowing you’re in their creative lineup. You know your brands inside and out. You’re familiar with every data point, you know every ®, ™, comma, and period. And you can recite RTBs in your sleep. You understand the strategy behind elevating each of your clients’ products, and you’re adept at crafting messages that convey just what it is your clients want to impart, in elegant language that helps them define their purpose.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
Maintain currency with brands and applicable medical/scientific information.
- Mine market research via Internet and other resources (Medline, National Library of Medicine, client information, clinical reports, etc).
- Assist in defining and developing a creative approach and process for a project by attending job opening meetings with the account and creative teams and brainstorming sessions with the creative team
Supervise or create a copy document.
- Utilize information gathered throughout brainstorming and job opening meetings and forward to ACSM for internal review and approval.
Supervise and/or create high-quality creative content and generate new and innovative ideas.
- Collaborate with internal staff, utilizing personal creativity, skills, and experience to create a broad range of written concept advertising, sales promotion, and collateral pieces.
Ensure strategic and medical accuracy of content. Maintain agency creative standards by reviewing (or supervising the reviewer of) type proofs and mechanicals for errors or omissions, adhering to budget and time constraints.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of content by appropriately applying client-provided information, market research, and AMA and client-preferred style to the content copy. Ensure legal and regulatory accuracy and compliance by participating in a legal review with client company’s legal department.
YOU WILL EXCEL BY:
- Identifying and understanding trends in healthcare and research, and seeking ways to apply those learnings to your day-to-day work.
- Defining original concepts and creating a target audience to begin the creative process.
- Enhancing creative quality by supervising copywriter(s) and reviewing concept ideas with the associate creative director, group creative director, art director, and the creative team.
- Generating disruptive ideas and guiding them to fruition.
- Supervising copywriters, ensuring correctness of copy edit, and applying appropriate clinical data and market research to the concept work
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of relevant advertising agency experience in either a consumer or pharmaceutical setting and 1 to 3 years of experience supervising copywriters
- Exceptional writing skills and strong command of the English language
- Ability to use creativity in writing
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Some familiarity with creation and presentation of scientific tables and statistical data
- Honed presentation skills
- Familiarity with applicable FDA regulations
- Ability to appropriately obtain and utilize reference material
- Strong attention to detail
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.