The VP, Medical Director is responsible for leading the agency team in the understanding and application of scientific/clinical account data. A high degree of independence and sound strategic instincts regarding healthcare/pharmaceutical marketing is required. He/she, in collaboration with his/her team, will prepare scientific and strategic analyses of data, conduct research and disseminate brand/category backgrounders, attend and prepare reports for major medical meetings, and assist the “onboarding” process for new team members. The VP, Medical Director must demonstrate clinical and technical knowledge of medicine across a broad range of therapeutic areas and will provide medical direction across agency departments and review work for scientific accuracy and strategic relevance. In addition, he/she will develop relationships with leading marketing, regulatory, medical, and clinical personnel at the client as well as key opinion leaders in the field.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Organize and implement a system to store and easily access all preclinical and clinical scientific information across all agency brands, as well as competitive data.
- Prepare scientific and strategic analyses of data for optimal application in promotional media; proactively assess emerging competitive and scientific message trends.
- Work closely with account, creative, strategy, and medical teams to analyze and interpret scientific data so that clients achieve maximum marketing advantage.
- Develop and implement a system of market/clinical data gathering and dissemination to team and clients. (i.e. lunch in learns, monthly market data updates, etc.)
- Devise curriculum for and lead in the development of content for agency-wide scientific education courses.
- Liaise with client marketing, medical and regulatory departments and develop relationships with client physicians and key opinion leaders.
- Facilitate liaison between marketing and clinical operations at the client to proactively offer solutions for brand promotions.
- Attend and coordinate the preparation of reports for major medical meetings.
- Attend client meetings and provide scientific perspective.
- Assist the agency team in annual strategic and tactical planning.
- Organize database of potential key opinion leader contacts; conduct advisory boards, develop medical content in the form of discussion guide for focus groups and telephone interviews with opinion leaders and other physicians.
- Lead scientific portions of new business presentations; represent agency’s scientific expertise and demonstrate experience to prospective clients.
- PharmD; MD; PhD or a related field with 5 years of applicable experience.
- MBA, business or marketing experience preferred.
- 4 years as a medical practitioner/clinical experience or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of preclinical and clinical research methods and drug approval processes.
- High degree of independence and sound strategic instincts regarding healthcare/pharmaceutical marketing is required.
- Being pro-active and able to work efficiently and effectively with a team.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of and excellent communication skills on medical and industry issues.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.