Title: Freelance Project Manager
Purpose: The Freelance Project Manager, under the guidance of the Director, PMO is responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned projects including: project initiation and planning, directing and managing project execution, monitoring and controlling project work, and scheduling of all project activities for multi-channel media (from print and digital advertising to social media). The Freelance Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that all projects are effectively and efficiently executed and delivered successfully against client expectations, and delivered on-time, on-budget and error-free contributing to overall agency profitability. The Freelance Project Manager, partnering with the Senior Account and Creative leaders, is the forefront client-facing member of a cross-functional team and serves as the primary project leader. The Freelance Project Manager is the primary project expert ensuring all business and project goals are met while also managing all aspects of the project schedule, resources and budgets.
- Direct and manage the execution of multi-channel media projects from inception through completion to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, error free and meet internal and external stakeholder needs. Assess project requirements, resources, milestones and specific deliverables to manage the development process. Follows Project Management disciplines in the following areas: Scope management, Schedule management, Cost management, Issue management, Risk management, Quality management, Resource management, and Communication management. In addition, project managers are responsible for employing project methodology and tools as defined within the Project Management Office; ensuring quality control of the methodology, and contributing to the further enhancement of the methodology. Accountable for meeting project schedule and results as well as for the client satisfaction and the quality of the deliverable.
- Collaborate with the Senior Account and Creative brand team leaders to develop a Creative/Project Brief in support of the client’s strategic objectives. Work with account and creative leads, and provide experience-based input including budgets, resources, timing, scope of work, etc. to ensure that project parameters align with client expectations.
- Motivates and directs the project team. Develops, implements and manages the project plan. Sets goals, objectives and priorities; assigns and reviews work. Acts as primary interface with senior client service and creative leadership, as well as the client on issues regarding the project deliverables. Ensures client reviews are held. Obtains client approval on status and requirements.
- Manage communication and collaboration with the internal brand team in support of the client’s strategic objectives. Communicate regularly with all project constituents (internal and client) to address questions, concerns, feedback, and proactively address obstacles to maintain overall team collaboration and quality project output. Actively engage in all meetings for assigned projects; Coordinate the following with the Project Coordinators: update project plans and timelines as needed, compilation of client feedback and prepare Service Reports, to document next steps and issue solutions for internal and external team members.
- Work in concert with Account Management, Creative and Finance to ensure all projects remain on budget and within scope. Ensure that client billing is accurate by tracking, reporting, evaluating and controlling projects, participating in financial review meetings, and addressing issues as they arise.
- Work closely with Senior Account and Creative leaders to determine internal resource allocation to assure timely project progression and completion within approved budget. Alert executive management if additional resources are recommended or required to achieve client goals.
- Partner with all team members to ensure flawless project execution. Review projects for alignment with industry, client and vendor specifications; execution accuracy and functionality; and alignment with the Creative/Project Brief and project specifications. Capture lessons learned throughout the lifecycle of the project, as well as at its conclusion, and develop and implement action plans for best practice improvements.
- Effectively communicate with senior level managers and project team in a project-oriented setting. Build effective project teams; ability to develop and master balanced project plans and keep the team updated on progress and issues.
- Mentor Project Coordinator(s) in a matrix-managed organization structure to promote internal learning and development within the Project Management Office to achieve business growth by engaging them in processes, meetings and relevant activities to ensure team alignment and effectiveness.
- Support adoption and utilization of the Project Management Information System (PMIS) encompassing various digital technology platforms including but not limited to SocialBridge, Digital Collaboration, Resource Management, and Financial Management across agency brand teams and clients, contributing to greater efficiencies in collaboration, routing for approval, and file-sharing cross-geography.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 3-5 years of project management experience within the healthcare industry across multichannel media projects, with a minimum of 2 years exposure in digital production
- Solid track record of successfully leading projects from initiation to completion, error0free, on-time and on-budget
- Proactive decision-maker, leader and motivator
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work under deadlines on multiple projects and multi-task and process information expeditiously
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills of across all multichannel media, and ability to apply leading edge industry trends to improve marketing and advertising production
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Healthcare and/or pharmaceutical experience strongly desired
- Team-building, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.