Omnicom Health Group is the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world—partnering with clients to achieve meaningful change through better, more innovative communications. With more than 5,000 dedicated healthcare communications specialists from every corner of science, medicine, marketing, and communications, we recognize that it takes the best of talent to deliver the best of health.
When you join Omnicom Health Group, you have access to opportunities across the most networked network. What does this mean for you? Your journey may start with one Omnicom Health Group company then pivot to another, followed by a move to another where you take your career in a whole new direction building your skills and experience each step on your journey. We’re eager for you to carve a path that works for you – and we’ll help you make it happen.
Title: SVP, Medical Director
Location: New York, NY
Department/Discipline: Medical & Scientific Affairs
The Senior Vice President, Medical is a conscientious, collaborative, creative, and—most importantly—curious leader of a Omnicom Health Group team. The SVP works independently and oversees VPs and below to identify medical strategy with a deep understanding of the oncology market, customer, competition, and brand and can efficiently identify and persuasively present actionable implications and recommendations to clients. SVPs will be responsible for working across multiple clients/brands/indications and developing team members on their career paths. They are expected to have deep oncology experience with uncovering novel insights and developing innovative strategic recommendation for oncology brands, understand the role of promotion for oncologist decision making. The SVP Medical will be evaluated on ability to manage multiple clients/brands/indications, and manage/grow members of the team, and in being a thought leader within their squad and organization regarding the role of insights and strategy in the development of effective oncology content and engagements.
• Drive a book of business of a designated volume or level of sophistication/complexity
• Demonstrate primary and secondary research capabilities, knowledge of market research design methodology, and ability to interpret results
• Develop medical deliverables (teaching, workshops, POVs, conference summaries)
• Provide leadership within their team/department
• Support strategic skills beyond the department
• Ensure discipline best practices
Develop, Mentor, Model (45%)
• Understand and access available tools and data resources; recommend tools that would expand agency capabilities
• Understand beliefs (rational and emotional) of the target audiences (HCPs and patients) as well as drivers and barriers of behavior, and identify leverage points for change
• Embody the core values: Open Mind, Brave Heart, Ready Hands
• Demonstrate Agency’s purpose: Be the Delta
• Present a professional and positive image of Omnicom Health Group both internally and externally
• Follow agency processes and policies and ensure their team is doing the same
• Understand the fiscal responsibility their role has to the team/department and agency
• Act as an advocate of their team/department; make suggestions/decisions with the team/department’s best interest in mind
• Proactively provide suggestions to team/department leadership that could positively influence daily functions
• Train and develop talent within their team/department
• Motivate and encourage direct reports and act as a mentor to those within their team/department
• Understand when it’s appropriate to make decisions independently and when to escalate issues/decisions to manager
• Brief development, including new and innovative approaches tailored to client needs and industry challenges
• New business needs
• Cultural initiatives
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.