Omnicom Health Group is the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world—partnering with clients to achieve meaningful change through better, more innovative communications. With more than 5,000 dedicated healthcare communications specialists from every corner of science, medicine, marketing, and communications, we recognize that it takes the best of talent to deliver the best of health.
When you join Omnicom Health Group, you have access to opportunities across the most networked network. What does this mean for you? Your journey may start with one Omnicom Health Group company then pivot to another, followed by a move to another where you take your career in a whole new direction building your skills and experience each step on your journey. We’re eager for you to carve a path that works for you – and we’ll help you make it happen.
Title: VP, Associate Creative Director, Copy
Location: New York, NY
Overview: The VP, Associate Creative Director, Copy is responsible for ensuring that all Agency work is on strategy and meets or exceeds the highest level of creative accomplishment. He/she contributes to growing the Clients' business. They act as the Creative Director’s right hand and can step in to fulfill these functions when necessary. The VP, Associate Creative Director/Copy also acts an advocate for the agency. They help to identify and recruit new talent as well as provides leadership and guidance within their department.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities as evident by ability to motivate team, facilitate great thinking, and keep the morale high.
- Proactively seek opportunities for improvements in the department and offer executable solutions.
- Keep Creative Director(s) briefed on creative projects in a timely manner.
- Establish credibility with Clients at all levels by developing knowledge of Clients' business, both the brand itself and people involved (i.e. internal client structure, individual responsibilities, and interaction between groups/individuals with respect to their impact on client jobs).
- Manage outside vendor/resources effectively from both cost and creative standpoints, including photographers, illustrators, and production vendors for premiums and printing.
- Keep abreast of current advertising, design, and other visual communications. Continuously explore cutting-edge, current, and unique design styles and imagery.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in various forms of media including a working knowledge of the print production process.
- Contribute to new business efforts creatively, as a reliable steward of the work, and presenting the work in the new business effort.
- Act as a brand steward maintaining the integrity and excellence of the brand in all materials developed.
- Consistently provide fresh, unique, and strategic thinking for all brand marketing/advertising initiatives.
- Ensure that Agency work is on strategy and contributes to growing the Clients' business.
- Work as a team with copywriters to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives.
- Attend photo-shoots; provide necessary on-the-spot feedback to vendors to effectively accomplish agency and client goals.
- Acts as gatekeeper to ensure that all final products released demonstrate only the highest quality creative and effectively communicates brand messages to targeted customers.
- Be an effective presenter and clearly communicate creative concepts and rationale for design choices to team and clients and/or new business prospects.
- Demonstrate ability to “zoom in and out” (big picture thinking as well as attention to details) as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with Client/Agency Creative/Account teams.
- Help create a collaborative work environment between all departments and demonstrate ability to handle conflicts in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Work with account service from beginning of project until the end to make sure all projects meet budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain positive relationships with and utilize the internal business group departments (electronic studio, editorial, traffic, imaging and production) appropriately.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and prioritize all jobs effectively, as well as oversee junior members of the art brand team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments and approving work.
- Monitor overall workload to effect efficiency and assure that waiting or downtime is minimized.
- Help supervisor manage and resolve staff issues including performance, personal presentation and internal interactions.
- Recommend adjustments/additions to the roles and procedures of the department to achieve continuous improvement and efficiency across all accounts and/or specific accounts.
- Help interview, train and orient new team members to the agency, department, and account(s) at the direction of Creative Director.
- Mentors reports by providing constructive, ongoing feedback to them as well as completing annual performance reviews.
- Provide ongoing guidance to all team members and be available to them as a resource for account/agency/departmental policies, procedures, etc.
- Keep supervisor or department head appraised of any workload challenges/concerns on assigned team accounts that may necessitate hiring freelancers or moving creatives around to better utilize their time.
- Oversee team’s time off schedules, time reporting, etc. to ensure appropriate coverage at all times for accounts. Maintain accurate time sheets for self and team. Monitor, review and approve direct report’s time sheets in terms of hours worked on specific jobs.
- Provides leadership within their department as well as across the Agency.
- Proactively provides suggestions that impact agency policy and operations.
- Demonstrates support of the Agency’s goals and mission.
- Presents a professional and positive image of the Agency both internally and externally.
- Motivates direct reports, and acts as a mentor to all within Agency.
- Identifies, recruits, trains and develops talent.
- College degree.
- 8+ years of art design/direction experience.
- Pharmaceutical advertising experience is a must have.
- 3-4 years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with Macintosh and all creative programs/suites.
- Advertising or design portfolio.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.