At Harrison/Star, our mission is to humanize science. We are innovators with purpose and an agency for good. We thrive on empathy—bringing a healthy dose of humanity and humility to the table, so we’re always bringing out the best in each other. It is our expertise that drives us to discover, to innovate, and to experiment.
We use our voice to empower ourselves and one another.
Humanizing science is not for the faint of heart. It’s what we do. We think critically and originally to elicit change in healthcare, without letting complexity or ambiguity get in the way. We can’t do it alone, we are always learning and growing, which is exactly why we need you!
Title: Senior Art Director
Location: New York, NY
Senior Art Director:
The Senior Art Director is responsible for independently managing his/her assigned jobs and/or projects on the brand. He/she will work closely with copywriter(s) and other art directors to execute printed and digital tactics while maintaining brand consistency and excellence on all jobs. The Senior Art Director will also ensure that all work is on strategy, and contributes to growing the Client’s business. Pharmaceutical advertising experience is a huge plus.
- Execute high-quality creative in any media.
- Independently manage assigned jobs and/or projects on the brand from concept/design stage through final production.
- Establish credibility with all levels by developing knowledge of Client’s business, the brand itself and people involved (i.e. internal client structure, individual responsibilities, and interaction between groups/individuals with respect to their impact on client jobs).
- Drive innovation and integration across all business.
- Keep abreast of current interactive, mobile, advertising, design, and visual communications. Continuously stay current to marketing trends and unique design styles, imagery, technology and technological advances and introduce these to future team projects where appropriate.
- Interact with project managers on all projects in a timely fashion and regularly review all design work with them to ensure budgets, timelines and proper execution are achieved. Own a full understanding of the interactive development process.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in various forms of media including a working knowledge of the print and digital production processes.
- Demonstrate ability to design and advocate from the user’s perspective.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of production techniques, options, budget and timing ramifications.
- Keep supervisor briefed on creative projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with Client/Agency/Creative/Account teams.
- Help create a collaborative work environment between all departments and demonstrate ability to handle conflicts in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Work as a team with copywriters to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues to seek opportunities/solutions for improvements in the department and agency.
- Advocate the use of technologies that meet the budget of interactive projects.
- Work with account service from beginning of project until the end to make sure all projects meet budgetary guidelines.
- Utilize best practices for print and digital projects to guide your team members
- Maintain positive relationships with and utilize the internal business group departments (electronic studio, editorial, traffic, imaging and production) appropriately.
- Evangelize interactive best practices and guide your team members on interactive projects.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations.
- Project a professional attitude and foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and establish credibility both internally and externally.
- Execute examples of interactive design and provide guidance in understanding these materials when appropriate.
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- College degree in visual communications or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of digital and print design/advertising experience.
- Advertising and/or print and digital design portfolio or website equivalent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and Video Production.
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.