Position: Scientific Project Manager
Wanted: a multitasking scientist
Who Is Synergy?
Synergy is a full-service scientific strategy and medical communications company based in Conshohocken, PA. We provide medical education services globally to support pharmaceutical products and devices throughout the many phases of their life cycle. Over the last 20 years, we have built long-lasting relationships with medical opinion leaders, patient advocacy groups, and major pharmaceutical companies across Europe, the United States, Latin America, and Asia. In our growing Conshohocken office, our energetic and focused team develops robust communications and strategic solutions for our clients.
Your Role at Synergy
We are seeking a Project Manager with solid scientific credentials who will develop content with the support of staff throughout the agency and will interact with external clients, vendors, opinion leaders, freelance writers, medical associations, and publishers. You will be a good team player and work well in an environment where most of your colleagues are not scientists.
More Details on What You Will Do
- Lead the development of scientific projects, including manuscripts; abstracts, posters, and slides for presentation at live programs; enduring educational materials; training programs; and discussion guides
- Take ownership of your projects, from inception to completion, and give clear direction to the other members of the project team who will provide content/account support throughout the process
- Keep up-to-date with Product Information data and developments in the relevant scientific field/therapeutic area
- Prepare and manage materials throughout multiple stages of formal review processes
- Be prepared to provide feedback on colleagues’ work and to receive feedback from colleagues on your work
- Develop client/agency communications
- Liaise with the account, design, and editorial teams, as needed
- Communicate effectively with and provide status reports to clients and vendors
- Multitask and manage a tough workload from time to time
- Be prepared to pitch in and help colleagues with their projects
The Skills, Experience, and Traits You Will Need to Be Successful at Synergy
- You are smart and driven to succeed in everything you do.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional—typos make you crazy!
- You see problems as opportunities to learn.
- You are an expert at “rolling with the punches” and at juggling many tasks.
- You have effective time management skills and a positive attitude.
- You don’t just think outside the box; to you, there is no box.
- You have an advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, RPh, MD, MS, RN) in a scientific/medical discipline. Education in biomedical sciences is preferred.
- You may have 3 to 5 years of experience working in medical education, medical communications, pharmaceuticals, publishing, or publication planning and development.
- You understand scientific content and have the ability to learn about different therapeutic areas.
- You are an expert at project planning and management.
- You are detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
- You are proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet applications.
- You have intimate knowledge of PubMed/MEDLINE and, ideally, AMA style.
- You are client service focused.
- You are a team player who is as excited about others’ achievements as you are about your own.
What Does Synergy Offer You?
We offer a stimulating working environment with a small, passionate group of people. We provide a competitive salary with bonus and excellent benefits. We are centrally located in Conshohocken, PA, about 30 minutes northwest of Center City, Philadelphia, and 2 blocks from Spring Mill Station on the Manayunk/Norristown Regional Rail train line. We also offer ongoing training programs through the Omnicom network. You will have the opportunity to shine and excel in a supportive atmosphere.