Position: Project Manager
Reporting to: Director of Project Management and Operations,
Responsibilities: The Project Manager is accountable for the day-to-day management of assigned projects including project initiation and planning, directing and managing project execution, monitoring and controlling project work, and scheduling of all project activities for multichannel tactics. The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that all projects are effectively and efficiently executed and delivered successfully against client expectations, and delivered on-time, on budget and error-free contributing to overall agency profitability. With a high level of independence and collaboration with senior levels and partners across the agency, the Project Manager is accountable for managing team adherence to the agency workflow and process and demonstrates a deep knowledge of agency processes and SOPs.
Core Values: Substance, Style, Conviction, Grace
- PROCESS & WORKFLOW:
- Direct and manage the execution of multi-channel media jobs from inception through completion.
- Assess job requirements, resources, milestones, and deliverables ensuring collaboration and efficiency throughout.
- Collaborate with senior level agency leaders and provide experienced-based input to ensure that the client’s strategic objectives are met within the parameters of the creative/project brief.
- Accountable for team adherence of workflow and process management focusing on quality, profitability, efficiency, and productivity.
- Effectively employ project management methodology throughout the lifecycle of all jobs ensuring quality control and flawless execution of intermediary and final job submissions.
- Regularly implements executional improvements and shares best practices broadly across the agency.
- RESOURCE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Work closely with Account and Creative leads to determine internal resource and financial allocation and ensure that all jobs are managed on budget and within scope.
- Accurately track, report and evaluate jobs, lead financial and timeline portion of brand team meetings, proactively plan for and update resource needs on a weekly basis, and actively participate in client financial reconciliation
- Maintain consistent communication and alert senior management if additional resources are recommended to meet timeline and deliverables, addressing issues as they arise.
- EXECUTION OF DELIVERABLES:
- Develop, implement, and manage project plans and communicate objectives, priorities and goals among internal brand teams to ensure that tasks are accomplished collaboratively, on-schedule and meet agency and client
- As the primary interface with full internal team and leadership, the project manager actively engages in all relevant internal and client meetings.
- Proactively monitors and controls project execution with all team members throughout the lifecycle of a job; updates teams on progress and addresses obstacles and concerns to maintain quality job output.
- Educate, grow, and motivate staff to promote an internal learning and development culture that achieves business growth and marketplace differentiation.
- Set clear performance expectations, encourage and foster development opportunities, and ensure alignment between individual roles, client expectations, and overall organizational strategy.
- Customer Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Decision Quality
- Organizational Agility
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Process Management
- Financial Management
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years of project management experience including 2 years’ experience
- Interactive/Digital Project Management
- Proficient knowledge and skills across all multichannel media (print, digital and, social media) and ability to apply leading-edge project management philosophy, tools and techniques to improve marketing and advertising execution
- Advertising agency experience preferred, healthcare industry or professional services firm
- Healthcare and/or pharmaceutical experience strongly desired
- Financial/ budget-management experience required
- Solid track record of successfully leading projects from initiation to completion, error-free, on-time and on-budget
- Strong computer skills required including high level of computer competency and associated software (Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro) required. Microsoft Project desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships to gain trust and respect
- Action-oriented and full of energy for challenging concepts and new assignments
- Build constructive relationships to foster collaboration and cross-functional thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Ability to regularly exercise judgment and discretion in order to manage jobs
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate influencing skills