Title: Director of Analytics
Department/Discipline: Account Services
Company/Location: Patients & Purpose / New York
Overview: The Director Data Analytics will be part of a leadership team at P&P where digital technology and data analytics are driving business transformation and revenue. If you have a desire to be part of a team that will build upon our burgeoning digital and data operating unit, then please read more!
Our team will be evolving and expanding the analytics offering for P&P through both internal competencies and strategic alliances with analytics industry partners. The ideal candidate will have a wide-range of experience building data-driven analytic solutions. Healthcare marketing analytics experience is mandatory for this role. The position requires a rare combination of deep and sophisticated analytical expertise; business acumen; a strategic mindset; client, relationship, and project management; and a passion for building new capabilities, and teams.
- Work closely with P&P senior leaders, agency managing partners, and agency data analysts to develop enterprise frameworks, identify external partners, and lead forward-thinking, healthcare data analytics projects focused on supporting key strategic initiatives for P&P.
- Demonstrate and maintain in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers, healthcare industry trends, and the competitive marketplace. He/She will serve as a thought leader/partner within and outside the company.
- Evaluate current data collection frameworks and toolsets, and architect the new frameworks, data fields and standards for capturing, maintaining, and refreshing agency campaign data.
- Understand the Agency’s business and analytics requirements, to design and develop approaches to measure successful healthcare marketing campaigns. Lead the standardization and operational improvements of current marketing analytics offerings.
- Lead the building of P&P’s proprietary commercial analytics products or platforms in the area of customer database analytics, social media and mobile analytics.
- Be accountable for partner/vendor selection and management.
- Be an entrepreneur who is willing to "roll up their sleeves" to accomplish current goals while building for the future.
- Be responsible for educating the agency on data analytics approaches and applications.
- 7+ years experience in statistical analysis, segmentation, predictive modeling and consulting. 4+ years experience in digital/direct Marketing Industry experience.
- Background in advertising, media or multichannel performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or a related field.
- A proactive self-starter who can collaborate among a variety of departments.
- Ability to grow analytical talent and motivate cross agency teams.
- Superior logic and excellent communication skills to present complex concepts and data analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Experience with large data sets and databases; defining; designing; integrating, coding, preparing for analysis, and analyzing data to draw meaningful conclusions and strategic implications.
- Business acumen; a strategic mindset; client, relationship, and project management; a passion for building new offerings, capabilities, and team a must.
- Experience with a variety of primary analytic platforms; such as Google Analytics, Omniture/Adobe Digital Marketing Suite, Appature, Tableau, WebTrends, Veeva iRep, Hadoop, DoubleClick Digital Marketing (formerly DoubleClick For Advertisers), Google AdWords, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics.
- Have worked with Pharmaceutical prescription data (IMS), and other syndicated data sources relevant to Life Sciences (e.g. Pharmacy, Payer, Wolters Kwuler, or other claims data).
- Experience with 3rd party vendors a plus: HootSuite, NetBase, Klout, Radian6, Sysmos, etc.
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel. Experience with designing, configuring, automating custom reports from within the program.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing.
- Basic knowledge of Ad Servers (e.g. DFA, DFP, Atlas)