Title: VP, Human Resources for Omnicom Health Group
Reports to: Carolyn Bartholdson, SVP, CHRO, Omnicom Health Group
Location: New York, NY
Organization Size: Omnicom Health Group is comprised of about 3,600 people. This role will support agencies within Omnicom Health Group that employ approximately 750 people.
Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy, Creativity
Overview: The Omnicom Health Group is looking for you if you are a seasoned Human Resources leader with a track record of supporting executive leaders from different P&Ls. In this role, you will work directly with the CEOs of three healthcare communications networks/agencies: CDM, DDB Health and BioPharm to achieve the business objectives of each individual agency within the network. You will lead a team of Human Resources Generalists and, together, your and this team will work collaboratively with the business leaders to set the people strategy for the agencies. You will work across the Human Resources team to collaborate with two other Vice Presidents to drive best practice sharing and process consistency across Omnicom Health Group. The team leadership aspect of this role is very important since you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring their team of Human Resources Generalists who are directly aligned with each agency. In addition, you will share Human Resource Generalist responsibilities (as part of a team) for CDM New York and DDB Health US.
- Ensure consistent implementation of HR programs and initiatives across agencies (e.g., performance management, talent management, succession planning, engagement action planning, etc.)
- Lead the development and delivery of the activities that will achieve the people goals of each agency
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are effectively applied and facilitate the continued refinement and effectiveness of the policies and procedures
- Create a trusted relationship with the CHRO, the leaders across all agencies and shared services
- Support an engagement model that creates trusted and respected relationships between the HR function and the agency leaders
- Research issues and develop solutions to resolve strategic business issues as they relate to people
- Ensure the provision of HR advice is timely and accurate and contributes to the effective delivery of business activity
- Broker the delivery of HR solutions through the Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Learning & Talent, Benefits and Operations)
- Attract and retain a high performing Human Resource Generalist team
- Drive an increase in HR generalist capability so that the team is skilled to deliver strategic HR solutions and advice
- Show an active understanding of profit drivers for the agencies and ability to provide swift and decisive action to manage the payroll ratio
- Prioritize initiatives and manage implementation and change management
- Support the largest agencies in the network as part of a team of Generalists
- You are a connector. You build relationships. Employees and managers want your guidance and partnership and you enjoy mentoring and helping them achieve their personal best
- You are proactive. You don’t wait for ideas and initiatives to come your way. You like to innovate. You are constantly thinking about how to improve the employee experience.
- You are smart. You have experience and can leverage your knowledge and experience in new and different situations. You are interested in continuing to learn not only within HR but our industry
- You have passion. You truly enjoy what you do and it shows. You bring energy, flexibility, and excitement to everything you do.
- You get it. Human Resources is a partner for the business to help them achieve their business goals. You don’t shy away from talking about metrics, spreadsheets or client relationships.
- You speak our language – simplicity. Employees don’t have time to decipher complex jargon on lengthy theories. You say what you need to say clearly and concisely.
- You have worked in a matrix organization before. You know how to balance the needs and objectives of your client groups with what the Human Resources team can offer.
- You sweat the small stuff. Details matters. Decisions need to be based in the facts.
- You are a talent magnet. It is hard to talk the talk if you can’t walk the walk. People want to work for you because you lead by example and are committed to growing careers.
- You have been around the block and worked in Human Resources for a decade and it’s a plus if you have worked in an advertising or other communications agency.
- A degree from an accredited college/university
- Human Resources certification (such as PHR or SPHR) preferred, but not required
- The leaders this VP will supported are located in New York, NY, Princeton, NJ, New Hope, PA, Conshohoken, PA, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain and Germany. Travel will be required approximately 10% of the time.