Title: Art Director
Art Directors create a range of high-level, meaningful, visual core concepts and designs to achieve creative excellence on behalf of our clients. Art Directors conceptualize, design, and execute visual solutions for integrated, cross-channel, best-in-class marketing initiatives.
Under supervision, the Art Director demonstrates a growing knowledge of the client’s brand and overall industry. Supports business growth and pushes the envelope on developing ground-breaking creative concepts.
- CREATIVITY Creates high quality visual concepts and generates new and innovative ideas, alongside the Copywriter and broader team, to support integrated, multi-channel initiatives. Collaborates to determine concept, and visual direction, and interacts with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics, translating concepts into effective campaigns. Contributes to brainstorming and creative brief development, supports proprietary processes, and effectively presents and sells agency recommendations.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE Ensures strategic and medical accuracy of concepts, to leverage the key components of campaign relevance and maintain agency creative standards. Applies client-provided information and market research to ensure relevance; determines production methodology and outlines execution requirements. Becomes facetious with digital-asset management and client regulatory systems for timely, accurate workflow. Understands the needs and motivations of an audience and how they translate across a wide range of marketing channels. Successfully translates ideas into action and collaborates with teams to execute surprising, innovative, and award-winning ideas.
- NEW BUSINESS Supports the pursuit of organic business opportunities with research and analysis if necessary. Learns to identify new business opportunities within existing accounts to expand current assignments and acquire new projects. The Art Director participates in new business pitch activities, as needed.
- DEVELOPMENT Works collaboratively and cross-functionally to acquire a deeper knowledge of assigned brand(s), the healthcare industry, and the creative marketplace. An Art Director will refine healthcare marketing acumen and strive to elevate the quality of creative output. Seeks out and embraces professional development opportunities and ensures alignment with client expectations and overall agency creative excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant Advertising Agency experience in either a Consumer or Pharmaceutical setting
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe, In Design and other creative software applications
- Ability to generate creative concepts
- Basic drawing skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Good time-management skills
- Must possess a strong team orientation
- Ability to travel and work across locations
- Organizational Agility
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Motivating Others
- Strategic Agility